I Am Engaged!!! :)

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • So last night, I was at a karaoke bar with some of my friends and my boyfriend, and he went up on the stage (which is SO unlike him, he's super super shy) and asked me to go up there. When I got up there he said "Can I ask you a question" and after I said yes he asked "Will you marry me?"

Of course, I said yes. I was so excited. We've been best friends for about 9 years and we've been dating for almost 3 years. We're not going to actually get married for at least a year, possibly closer to two, because of money and school....but I AM ENGAGED! That feels so good to say. I still get jittery thinking about it. I kind of knew it was coming sometime in the next year, but I still got all shaky when he asked because even though I knew it would happen eventually, I was still so surprised and excited.

Our families are all happy for us, and we're both super happy too. I just want to tell EVERYONE! lol

Here are a couple pictures of the ring...

I know it's not a traditional ring, but it's exactly what I wanted. I wanted an emerald, and I absolutely love the antique details. It's perfect and it's beautiful and I couldn't imagine a better ring.

Here is a picture of the two of us. It's an older picture (maybe 6 or 8 months, my hair is a lot longer now) because I don't have a good one of the two of us that's recent, and my hair is much longer now, but I still love this picture.

Sorry if the pictures are big, I just wanted to share. I'm just so happy!
  • Congrats! Super cute how he proposed too
  • Aww, you guys are so cute. I love your ring too. Congratulations!
  • Congratulations! What a beautiful ring. You are a great looking couple, too.
  • CONGRATS!!

That is a beautiful ring and you two look amazing together
  • You two make an adorable couple, and the ring is beautiful. Congrats.
  • Congratulations! You guys look so cute together
  • Congrats! Your ring is gorgeous
  • Aww congrats! Ya'll are so cute! And that ring is BEAUTIFUL!!
  • congrats. you're a lucky girl
  • Love the ring!! I have a sapphire engagement ring, I love the being different. Congrats have fun planning your wedding!
  • Congratulations!!! And I sooo LOVE your ring(emerald is my birthstone) My engagement ring is rose gold with morganite center stone surrounded by champagne diamonds, so totally not typical. I wear it on my right hand now with a regular diamond band on my wedding finger.

You 2 are SUPER cute
  • Congrats!! You guys look so adorable together.
  • i love stories of best friends ending up together!
  • congrats!