Down-sizing!

• I've been a size 12 for years, sometimes comfortably, often tightly. And I'm 5'2" tall with a small frame - definitely carrying about 50 lbs of extra weight - probably more when I decided to take control

This past January, I left the store empty-handed because only extra-large shirts and size 14 pants would fit me (I'm pear-shaped - carry most of my weight in my hips and butt). It was too much. I was going on 15 years of carrying this weight and thinking about doing something about it.

In January I started on the South Beach diet, did fine in Phase I, moved to Phase II and sort of stayed there and decided to go wheat-free. Feeling lighter and more energetic.

I am now a size 8 - a comfortable size 8. Aiming for size 4-6, which is best for my build and age. Have never weighed myself.

Have to be careful, though. Now when I clothes shop, I want to buy everything that fits just because it fits and looks pretty good, too - not so many bumps and bulges. Pics to come when I achieve my goal - aiming for the end of summer.
  • Hey, there!

I've been a size 12 (comfortable and tightly, as well) for most of my life. I'm currently 170 lb, and started at my highest of 173 trying to ultimately get down to 140. That weight was my major wake up call! A size 8 is my dream size, haha. But, my first mini goal will be to get down to 163 (10 lb!) I'm also trying to fit into these gorgeous size 10 American Eagle jeans that Im not able to wear yet. :P
    I'm attempting to lose weight through better food choices/portioning as well *** exercising.

Good luck on your journey!
  • Whoops, those astrix should have been *as*, and not to appear as though I said something else.