One of my main goals achieved

• One of the main reasons I started this whole journey is because I have a 4 year old daughter. Not only did I want to make sure I'll be there for her in the future, I just wanted to be able to keep up with her now! I got so tired of huffing and puffing along behind her at the park and truly needed to make a change.
    So yesterday I took her to a small carnival. There was one of those giant slides there. The kind that you have to walk up a ton of stairs to get to the top. Six months ago there was no way I would have been able to make it up those stairs even once without almost passing out. I could barely get up my house stairs without my knees aching and having to stop to catch my breath.
    Yesterday I climbed that slide 11 times in a row!
    We had the most amazing time together. Screaming and laughing all the way down, then running back to the top to do it again. I wasn't the least bit winded. I wasn't worried about the ride guys laughing at the huffing puffing fat girl. I was just having fun with my little girl, and that to me is my biggest achievment in this journey so far.
    Im gonna call this particular goal a success.
  • That's great!! I know that's not easy. and you also got an awesome workout Congrats on your NSV!!
  • Congrats! I know your daughter enjoyed it too!
  • Keep it up. I know when your daughter grows she will be your best friend and she will say, whatever I am is because of my mother. My daughter says it all the time.
  • That is so awesome! I am happy and proud of you! I can imagine the wonderful feeling. I am glad you and your daughter has such a great time and I would definitely count that as a success!