Alternatives for Phase 1 "talk"

You're on Page 1 of 34
Go to
  • I am not the original poster of the original thread but since it is over 500 post it will be closed shortly. I wanted to make sure that you all still had a place to post and chat. I named it wrong....oops its suppose to be Alternative products that will work on Phase 1.

IF YOU HAVE TRIED and know it works, please respond with the product and your results.

I am hoping this thread won't get too buried in chat. I have tried to read the old alternative thread posts, and even as an experienced forum user, it is a bit overwhelming to read everything trying to pull out the essentials.!

Maybe we can get this to be something a little more reference and user friendly???
  • so can we still access the other posts on this? I am doing alternative and would like to get some idea.
  • Quote: so can we still access the other posts on this? I am doing alternative and would like to get some idea.
    You will always be able to access it just won't be able to post on it once the moderators close the thread.
  • thank you!.I am sure you know, but just want to tell you...Your success is such an inspiration. Congratulations.
  • Thank you
  • The idea of alternatives really scares me? Is it really okay?
  • I buy bars from Nashua. Proti-thin Carmel nut and peanut butter crisp. They are exactly the same only have less sodium which is good for me.
  • Yay alternative thread! Wuv, you know me, always working on something DH and I are working on the motorcycle right now, but once that's done I can try to rock out the recipe book, after that I'll try digging through the original alternatives that work thread and try to piece together a pdf of the results.
  • Quote: Yay alternative thread! Wuv, you know me, always working on something DH and I are working on the motorcycle right now, but once that's done I can try to rock out the recipe book, after that I'll try digging through the original alternatives that work thread and try to piece together a pdf of the results.
    a pdf with ideas would be terrific! i have a friend who has done alternatives since january and has lost 50 pounds. she had me get some protien powder at target and bars (pure protien) I dont know the powders because the names came off when I opened the containers. Anyways, would love to have ideas for other things since I imagine I will be doing this for at least 3 or 4 months.
    Thanks!
  • Eas Carb Advantedge shakes are ok. Thinner and less yummy than the IP RTDs. Chocolate Fudge flavor is better than the milk chocolate. Vanilla is ok, haven't tried the strawberry. I pretty much stick to IP products, but at $6 for a pack of 4 at Walmart, I use these as my fourth packet on days I exercise alot.
  • Would these be considered restricted?
    PureProtein - S'mores
    Serving Size - 1 bar
    Calories 180
    Fat 5g
    Carbs 20g
    Protein 25g

What about this as a replacement for IP?
    PureProtein - Vanilla Cream
    Serving Size - 1 scoop
    Calories 140
    Fat 2.5g
    Carbs 3g
    Protein 25g

I've been alternating the EAS Carb Advantage Shakes with the PureProtein Shakes. Thanks!
  • I think anything over 8 carbs is restricted
  • Quote: Would these be considered restricted?
    PureProtein - S'mores
    Serving Size - 1 bar
    Calories 180
    Fat 5g
    Carbs 20g
    Protein 25g

What about this as a replacement for IP?
    PureProtein - Vanilla Cream
    Serving Size - 1 scoop
    Calories 140
    Fat 2.5g
    Carbs 3g
    Protein 25g

I've been alternating the EAS Carb Advantage Shakes with the PureProtein Shakes. Thanks!
    A geneal rule for determining restricted is more than 8 grams of carbohydrates. So, the S'mores bar definitely would be, but the Vanilla Cream (I'm assuming this is a scoop of protein powder) would not be restricted. When you get around 8 grams, it can be iffy.

There are no real rules because Ideal Protein has calculated and predetermine this and limits everything to just their foods. Their program requires no checking ot calculations. It is trickier with alternatives, it requires some research and analysis especially in checking nutritional information.

Molly
  • Great thank you!
  • The chocolate drink is 9 grams of carbs, so anything over that number is considered restricted.

Just wanted to put that out there so people don't worry about the chocolate drink being restricted!