dissapointed w myself

• I know I've talked about my boss being a sabotour before, but now I'm just disappointed in my own lack of self control recently.

We have a lot going on at work, including moving 2 offices over the next 2 weeks. We've been buying office furniture & have been on the go a lot this past week. My boss likes to eat out, breakfast lunch & dinner.

Last week, I let the company buy me lunch twice, and even though I could've made healthy choices, I settled for my boss's choices. Once it was Taco johns. That speaks for itself...

I still lost a pound for the week, and it is my TOM, so normally I would have a temporary gain. I'm still just angry at myself.
  • What is your plan for going forward?
  • My plan is to have better control and get back on track. I just have to make smarter choices, which I had done for the first few months of my journey. I had been so strong and consistent in turning bad food down, I just need to get my head right.
  • Do you have a specific plan?

Like "pack lunch of healthy protein, good grains, vegetables that I love and a little sweet snack so I don't feel deprived when boss offers yummy fried food and all I have is a salad with dry tuna on it." or "review menus of nearby restaurants so that when lunch is offered I can say 'yes, I'll be having a half a Mediterranean veggie sandwich and a bowl of chicken noodle soup from Panera, thank you."
  • IMO everyone should quit thinking in terms of "good" and "bad" food or it will just make you crave "bad" food even more - is your boss a serious food pusher? Are tacos worth guilt? Can you fit them into a daily calorie or exchange plan and eat lightly the rest of the day?
  • I don't know Taco John's, but I did google it and it seems they have nutritional information online.
    http://www.tacojohns.com/images/data...ition_Info.pdf

Getting a chicken softshell taco for 190 calories doesn't seem so bad. There are moderately healthy choices at almost every restaurant. Just because your boss chooses a particular restaurant doesn't mean that s/he can choose what your meal will be.

Can you bring breakfast and pack a lunch so that you don't feel stuck? Like even if your boss pops into a place to grab something, you can just say no thanks because you have your food in hand. Sometimes people just want to sit with you and eat, no matter what you're eating. If coworkers order meals out, I will often sit with them and eat my own food.