IP Daily Chat Thursday 6/14/12

You're on Page 12 of 12
Go to
  • Quote: had third way in tonight lost 4.6 this week for a total of 17.1 lbs in three weeks..I am very happy
    Good work, congrats!
  • Quote: Success is nothing more than a few simple disciplines practiced everyday; while failure is simply a few errors in judgement repeated everyday. It is the accumulative weight of our disciplines and our judgements that leads us to either fortune or failure.

So it is with our decisions to stay 100% OP every single day.
    Not sure who the author is.
    This is a great quote, I need to read it everyday!
    Quote: had third way in tonight lost 4.6 this week for a total of 17.1 lbs in three weeks..I am very happy
    The diet works again!
  • Quote: Ok, WI today up 0.9 lbs. I think I'm going to many carbs in because I eat spring mix for my salad and then I have 2 cups of veggies with my salad for dinner and lunch. Any thoughts?
    That would not give you too many carbs. It is what you need to eat on the program.

Pat
  • Quote: I have a question about Ketosticks.....i bought some and tried one tonight. It says i am in medium ketosis.....is this good enough or should i be at a higher level. I'm in week 7 of IP and i am losing but thought by now i should be at the max ketosis level.
    The max level means you are dehydrated.
  • Good evening everyone, and congrats to everyone for their WI's and NSV's today. It was a long day for me. Woke up too early, got to work, and then went golfing in a tournament today for Juvenile Diabetes. Now, I'm not one to complain about golfing, but it was hard today. We got to the golf course at around 11:30, everyone is having beers and burgars ... but me. It was a mix bag of weather as well, but for the most part, crappy. It was windy and rainy, but at least the thunder storms stayed away. It was about a 6 hour round, too long, but it was a big tournament. I didn't go to the dinner and wind-up as I knew it would be a gong show with the food, and it was free beer and wine from all of the sponsers. Came home feeling a bit deflated, and I ate a little more protein than I probably should have, but I did not eat or drink anything out of program. Anyway, it was a tiring day, but a day golfing is better than sitting in the office.

One question I have, do you weigh your food portions before you cook, or after? The reason I ask this, my DW and I made pork souvlaki earlier this week. We made each souvlaki with 8 oz of meat before we cooked. Tonight, I had a left over stick, and weighed it before re-heating in the microwave. It was about 2 oz less than when we first made them. I assume when they tell you to eat 5 - 8 oz of protein, they mean before cooking, not after, correct?

Anyway, good luck to all of the WI's on Friday! Have a good Friday everyone!
  • Quote: Ha, ha, ha. Everytime in my life I peed on a stick I ended up with another pregnancy No more stick peeing for this 51 year old

Kristina
    Yeah see where peeing on sticks can get you!!!

pat
  • Quote: Good work, congrats!
    Awesome! Great WI this week!
  • Hmm question about Rutabega..what does it taste like? Does it taste like turnip or Kholrabi? Cause if so i wont like it..and personally i dont like getting veggies and then throwing them out just cause i dont like them...
  • Quote:
    One question I have, do you weigh your food portions before you cook, or after? The reason I ask this, my DW and I made pork souvlaki earlier this week. We made each souvlaki with 8 oz of meat before we cooked. Tonight, I had a left over stick, and weighed it before re-heating in the microwave. It was about 2 oz less than when we first made them. I assume when they tell you to eat 5 - 8 oz of protein, they mean before cooking, not after, correct?
    i have always weighed the items i cook, in the raw natural state, before cooking. adding heat to food changes the structure but not necessarily the calorie content. evaporation happens in most foods, you can see droplets rise to a lid for example, so the weight can be less after cooking due to evaporation....also, for example, a wine reduction will cook off the water and reduce in amount but still be the same calories, so even measuring by volumn can result in differences in calories consumed. hope that helps

once you weigh and measure everything for your recipe, you can calculate the total, then divide that total by the amount of servings you create to get your per serving totals....then leftovers will be the same as long as the serving is the same....if you eat half the amount of leftovers as originally cooked, then cut the calories in half....make sense???