Goodbye to the 140's

You're on Page 13 of 37
Go to
  • Hi I'm jumping on board here. I can't wait to get out of the 140's!!!!! With the holidays coming I"m really afraid that I won't be able to do that any time soon, but i"m going to try and be optimistic.
  • Hi, zumbachica! I hear you. I thought I was SO close to leaving 140s behind (my weigh-in on Friday was 142.8) but now I've weighed in at 146.6 for two days in a row. I can't even tell you all how frustrated I am today.

Part of this is my fault in that I do not live in a bubble and have a very active social life. I went last night for dinner with some friends. I tried to choose healthy options (veggies and hummus plate) and 1 glass of wine. I ate perfectly the whole rest of the day. Apparently that was enough to keep the bloat on. SIGH.

Rant over. I wonder why I'm even putting energy into this since Thanksgiving is in two days and whatever I accomplish the next two days will be gone on Thursday since I don't diet on major holidays, especially when I'm a guest at someone's house. Ah, well. I guess I'll reset on Friday.
  • Nothing to say except that my brain is already going into high holiday overdrive and I'm already nervous about flubbing up even today and today is not a holiday. Tomorrow I'm okay with eating whatever. One meal at a time, one choice at a time. I can DO this. I'd like to have a decent weigh-in tomorrow before the craziness begins. Ha. Well, let's just say that I won't hit below 142.8 tomorrow probably (my low from last week), although I suppose it's always possible. That's only 1.6 of a pound. If I dropped 2 more pounds overnight (yes, I know most of the gain since Friday is water weight still from this past weekend, so 2 pounds overnight would be nothing), then I would show a loss from last week. I think it's only possible if my sister and family do NOT come into town this evening, thus creating a festival at my parents' house tonight with food and drinks. Then again, who is in charge here? Seriously?

But anyway, usually Friday is my official weigh-in day, but because Thursday is Thanksgiving, I'm going to do it tomorrow. So it would be doubly cool if my body showed a loss from last Friday to this Thursday since it won't be 7 days. Ah, well. Doubtful.
  • 1.5 pounds and I will be baaaaack!
  • Zumba How was your weigh in? I have been thinking about you <3
  • HI all! So after working hard (ok, working at my own lazy pace) I hit JUST below 150 yesterday and a solid 149 today! I am so excited to be in this thread now! 130s here I come

I lose slow but pretty steady so I don't expect to be out of this thread until January at the earliest. I am aiming to be at 146 by the 15th and 145 by the end of the month (holidays and all that)

~Katy
  • I'm still chucking along between 143 and 144. I'd LOVE to be in the 141-142 area by the end of this week!

Good attitude, Kakers!

Weekends do me in, I have to say!
  • My daily weigh-in:

12/1 - 143.6
    12/2 - 144.4
  • My daily weigh-in:

12/1 - 143.6
    12/2 - 144.4
    12/3 - 144.8

Yep, it's creeping upward, but I came down with a bad cold last night and I know the soup I was eating last night was probably full of sodium. Also I ate a lot of cream wafer cookies -- way too many. I went over my calorie count by about 200 calories. Nothing terrible, but enough to not create a loss!
  • More daily weigh-ins:

12/1 -143.6
    12/2 - 144.4
    12/3 - 144.8
    12/4 - 144.4
    12/5 - 143.6
    12/6 - 141.4
  • tried this a few months ago and now trying again. i started watching my calories weekly (average 1550 a day, so 1350 a few days then one or two drinking days) and cut out all cardio, finally losing again! i'm at 140 even today and so ready to see 13X on the scale.
  • @littlelioness - That sounds good! What do you mean by "cut out all cardio"? Do you strength train?
  • yes, stronglifts 5x5, so 3x a week. i'm still pretty weak (even after doing this since march), but i lost a lot of weight without strength training so i think i lost a lot of muscle mass. i had been doing cardio 2-3 days a week (3 miles each, not too fast) and thought it would help, but i think it just tired me out a lot, and i was getting really busy with school and feeling guilty about missing runs. if i stall again, i figure i'll add in a run or two a week and see if it helps. i cut out 15 miles of running a week (and about 200 calories a day, so 1400 a week) and now i'm losing steadily at 1lb/week for the past 6 weeks, so so far, so good.
  • My first time posting in this group. Wow I never thought I'd call myself a featherweight

Seems like it was only yesterday when I entered the 140s, now I'm oh so close to saying hello to Club-130
  • I'm still hovering in the low 140s, but I haven't really been weighing this past week. I'm afraid right now with holiday stuff going on!