40th B-day Present to Myself

• I turn 40 on Thursday. While I'm not too concerned about the number, I am at my heaviest weight ever. When I turned 39, I started walking/running. I was training for a half marathon and got bursitis in my hip really bad, so I wasn't able to do the half marathon before I turned 40, which was my first goal. I will still do a half marathon (maybe when I AM 40!!). But, I ordered my first month of Ideal Protein and committed to do this. Provided I get my order this week, I'm going to start on June 3.

One of the biggest reasons I'm doing this is that as I've gained weight, my snoring has gotten way worse (no, it's not sleep apnea), so my husband sleeps in another room. I'm also hoping that as I lose weight, I won't get injured as much when I'm walking/running.

I've been reading a lot of posts here on this forum and hope that I can stay on here for support, etc.!! I know I'm going to have a hard time not drinking diet Coke!!!
  • The gift of health is amazing!!! Happy birthday!! I hope this year is full of wonderful changes for a slimmer, healthier YOU! Congrats on moving yourself up on your list!!
  • Julied31- Happy Birthday! I also LOVE diet coke. Sigh, and snore. sigh.
    I'm with you, girl. You can do it, but you may need to cut back on the running some. When I ran, I gained lean muscle mass...but really slowed my weight loss.
    Later, we can run, or maybe your coach will ok it for you.
  • Happy Birthday!!! I did the same thing... Starting IP was my 41st bday present to myself last fall. Now I am 90 lbs lighter and still going. I always had trouble sticking to a plan longer than a month in the past but, this plan is easy to follow once you get the hang of it. The first couple of days may be rough but stick with it and it will get better by the end of the first week
  • Congrats on joining! My 40th birthday is approaching and that was my motivation as well, among many other things! This is the only diet (and I have tried many) that has ever worked for me...best of luck
  • Hey I hit forty in January. Welcome to the club. I don't miss the diet coke much. Have a nice black coffee! As it's already been said the gift of health is the best thing for you and the ones you love. What about a massage, I know I love them and it's all about You.
  • Haha I turned 40 this year too. It seems like either our bad habits all caught up with us at the same time or else 40 seems to be the trigger year to do something about it. Good luck on your adventure. Follow the plan and you will be amazed!
  • I'm in the BIG 40 club this year too! Or should I say slim and sexy 40 club (not big!). Lol! Really don't wanna be fat and 40!
  • I'm 41 (almost 42) and have lost 67 lbs since January on IP! Now is the time...you go Girl!!!