Donna

Default Core Chat - 10/13/8 - 10/19/8

New Pages for the week.

Just to get us all going on the right track
TechAlum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 10:59 AM   #2  
Donna

Good Morning Everyone,

Thought I would get us started with the new thread for the week.

Had a pretty good weekend. My folks came over Sat afternoon and helped with the yard work. So the lawn is mostly mowed (I still need to do the back), and edged (which hadn't been done in 2 years but he wouldn't listen), garden pulled out, tent washed and camping gear put away for the year, and dh's bike hung up for the winter (since I'm pretty sure he's done for the season).

Today is day 3 out of the hospital for DH let's hope the cycle has been broken and we don't head into the ER tonight . Other than the drain thru the butt he is doing pretty well he has his follow up visit with the surgeon tomorrow, where hopefully he will lose a couple of his bag attachments.

It is supposed to be warm again today, so I'm hoping to get in a bike ride this afternoon, as well as running to the store for a couple of things and finishing the grass.

Sandra - Glad you had a nice visit with Rhonda. Come one jump back up on the wagon. Congrats on getting the part in the play, sounds like fun.

Sammi - Happy Birthday a day early (you said it was the 14th right?)

Tracie - Yay on getting back on the wagon. Make the chili w/turkey and don't tell anyone, bet they don't notice. At least in something with so many other flavors like chili. Or do what I do w/meatloaf 1/2 grnd sirloin and 1/2 grnd turkey, because I don't like the flavor of all turkey.

Maryanne - that Leo gets good news on Tues and you are thru with the chemo. We don't find out if we start until the wound closes.

Rhonda - Hope you have a safe trip home.

Well I should get moving. I'm going to start a menu thread, come join me.

-Tech
Old 10-13-2008, 12:30 PM   #3  
beachbum

Hi Ladies

Its going to be a lazy day for us today,Leo doesn't feel like going out but I'm going out to do some walking.I also like to go to TJ Max and see if I can find 2 blouses one for my Kelly green & purple slacks. I used to wear lots of tee shirts but now blouses are my thing, and when it get cold I can throw on s cardigan or a vest to keep warm.

DONNA-Thanks for starting us up this week.Happy that you had a great weekend eating wise,I had too many carbs over this weekend,and now I'm back to basics. Your DH & You are still on my prayer list. Crossing my my fingers that you don't have to go back into the ER also.

I took advantage of the good weather also I walked along the beach,but this time around I used the hilly part of the beach to get a more strenuous walking done.

Thanks we hoping for good result also as it been since July that Leo was taking treatments.

Where is everyone.

Hugs

Last edited by beach bum; 10-13-2008 at 02:47 PM.
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 12:47 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

Hi All:

We're back from our trip, just in time for Canadian Thanksgiving. So, one more day of gluttony then back on track

We had a great time visiting relatives and friends and looking at neighborhoods in the town we plan to retire to. We also attended our Classes of the '60s reunion where we saw lots of old friends (too old, actually!!).

Well, of course we ate way too much of all those really bad for you foods. But, it could have been worse. I actually did pay some attention to what I was eating and tried not to be totally ridiculous for the whole trip.

It was really nice to see Sandra and Curtis, as you might imagine. Sandra's spot on the earth is really sweet, with a view of both the sunrise and sunset! Her red appliances are great too!

So, now I'm just washing clothes and getting unpacked. Later, we're going to a friend's house for a great dinner.

Hope everybody is having a great OP day.

Rhonda
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 07:00 PM   #5  

Height: 5' 10"

Hi everyone. Seems so long since I've been on the board. My nephew got married yesterday -- it was a really nice time. The wedding and reception were right on the water in Boston - it was a nice night and we were able to walk to a patio all night. It was a beautiful view of the city. The food was great - I did not eat core, but had a wonderful night. So, today is a new day.

I took today off from work and have tomorrow off as well (my usual day off). I'm going hiking with my sister tomorrow - there is a state park close by with a 3.5 mile loop. Otherwise, not much else happening here.

Sandra and Rhonda, glad you both had a nice visit. It won't be long until your close to each other!

MaryAnn, keeping you in my thoughts tomorrow. Let us know hoe the appt goes.

Tech, hope dh is improving as well. Lets hope Chemo is not needed.

Tracie, I'm going to make your sticky chicken tomorrow. Have the stuff I need on my grocery list. I also made a huge pot of veggie soup. I may need to freeze some of it. Try mixing the ground turkey with ground beef - I agree that no one will notice in Chili. In meatloaf, I like the beef better, but do mix both at times.

Well, got to get dd out of the shower and ready for bed. Have a good night.
blessedwithsarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 01:45 AM   #6  

I am trying a strict diet of lean meat/fruit/vegetables and extra fiber.
I am stuck around 142 so I thought this might jump start things.
I guess it is "hard core??"
I am also back to walking in the afternoon.
nancy237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 07:41 AM   #7  

Height: 5'6

Good morning all! The past two days we have beautiful weather (but not what I like to see especially in October in the U.P I went shopping yesterday and managed to fit into a size 8 jean! I have never been in a single digit size before. That definitely made my week

Tech- Thank you for the birthday wishes! It's actually tomorrow (the 15th). I will be 22... scary thought

Paula- Sounds like you had a good time @ the wedding

Have a good day!

<3 Sammi
sammi861 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 08:53 AM   #8  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

Its getting dark out,hope its going be cloudy with any rain as I like to go down to the beach and get my power walking done today.

RHONDA-Glad to have you back on the board and that you had a great Thanksgiving, & that you had a wonderful visit with Sandra.Thats so important to be with family members at this time of the year.

PAULA-Oh what a wonderful site for a wedding & reception overlooking Boston. I think in my 11 years being up here I visited Boston twice. Forget about the eating, once you get back to the Core you'll do fine again.

NANCY-Big congrats on finally losing that 1 lb. I wish sticking on the Hard Core would work for me.I guess I not trying to hard enough,have a lot of self talking to do.

SAMMI Congrats on those NSV of shrinking in inches.I had the same experience getting into a smaller size blouse.

Have a great morning

Hugs
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 09:39 AM   #9  

Maryann, you need to try to get into Boston, especially in the fall. Its a wonderful walking city. I had not gone in much since college, but now that DD is a great age, I've been going in a few times. Look into the commuter rail - you could take it from Plymouth and get in easily. I also just got tickets for dd and I to see the Nutcracker at the Wang Center. My parents used to take me to see it when I was little, I can't wait to do the same for my dd.

Just got back from grocery shopping, I'm planning on making sticky chicken tonight. My sister and I are going walking this morning. So, it should be a good day. I have wi tomorrow. BBL
Old 10-14-2008, 10:04 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Good Morning all:

Today is election day in Canada. With all the hoopla in the US, you can be forgiven for not noticing! But, it's an important day. Since we've been warned off political statements, I won't make any partisan comments, but you might want to pay attention to what happens here.

So, today I have to go back to work after 10 days off. I could easily just go back to bed But, I'll count my blessings that I have a good job and the health to get myself to work!

Sammi, congratulations on that loss and getting into the single digits for your clothes. That's exciting news.

Nancy, I think I'll join you in the hard core for a while. I've got to get back in the groove. Are you avoiding grains like oatmeal??

I've read the messages posted while I was gone and noticed that Vickie is not posting. Vickie, if you're reading,

Rhonda
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 11:22 AM   #11  
Donna

Good Morning All,

Well I didn't get in my bike ride yesterday, I was going to go this morning, but it was raining when I got up. Hopefully I'll be able to go tomorrow. Today DH has his follow up with the surgeon so we'll be heading there soon. Not sure how long it will take, but after if the rain clears (it's supposed to) I think I'll take the dog for a walk and maybe get to the gym for the first time all month . My mom also called this morning and my sister is in labor, so soon I'll have a new niece It's a nice break for mom to be at the hospital for a happy event.

Sammi - Looks like cold weather should be headed your way, it's been a weird fall so far, but then it was a weird summer too. Congrats on getting into a smaller size jean

Paula - Our vacation last fall took us to Boston, it was a nice place to walk around. Have fun hiking with your sister.

Maryanne - How was your walk? Did you get to go? Well, DH broke the cycle and we didn't have to go to the ER yesterday, let's hope today's dr. visit goes well.

Rhonda - Vicki hasn't been around for a couple weeks, I hope everything's ok with her. I did know it was election day, but then I listen to a Canadian radio station some times ()

Sandra - so have you jumped back up on the wagon? Come on you can do it.

Well I should get moving. Have a great day everyone.

-Tech

Last edited by TechAlum; 10-14-2008 at 11:22 AM.
Old 10-14-2008, 11:39 AM   #12  
Stephanie

S/C/G: 159.8/149.0/130

Height: 5'6 1/2"

Good Morning Girlies! I realized I came and read everything yesterday and didn't post! I had a good weekend, I'm ignoring the fact that Saturday is a day and I am supposed to eat core. Its just too hard with College Football season,and not having the channels to watch the games. Plus it was my BIL's 40th b-day so and we all met up to watch the Nebraska game at a Nebraska bar, it was exciting. BF left to Philly Sunday, will not be back til Midnight Wednesday, so I'm a single mom til then taking care of the puppy. So hopefully I don't get too far behind with homework, he's so needy, but adorable so I forgive him. Went to the gym yesterday by myself did 30 min of cardio, and am going to do 40 today. It takes all I have to get in there with out my partner, so lets hope by the end of the day I haven't talked myself out of it!

Rhonda - Glad you and Sandra had fun! Hope you get through the day, I know how hard it is to go back to work after being off for so long!

Donna - Hope you get your bike ride in, got to take advantage of that weather! Hope the follow up goes good too, fingers crossed!

Paula - I want to go to Boston! I'm on the West Coast and don't get to the East Coast often, there are so many places I want to visit. Someday! My sister took me to the Nutcracker when I was little, that is something you and your DD will never forget. Good Times!

Nancy - I hope the hard core gets you the jump start you are looking for! I'll be keeping an eye out for how that goes for you. More than likely I'll be needing one soon too, hopefully not though!

Sammi - FABULOUS news on the size 8! What a good birthday present, 8 is great.

Maryann - Hope the weather is good to you today, so you can get your power walking! AZ is getting colder, but that just means we can finally get out and play and not melt.

Ok, got get back to work! Have a good day!

Steph
DanSinDeva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 11:42 AM   #13  

Rhonda.....
I forgot that part... I am doing oatmeal with some protien and fiber for breakfast...
I got inspired by this book I read called Clean Eating and it does whole grains/
lean meats/fruits and veggies. (sound familiar)

A tablespoon of benefiber with every meal along with a lean protein leaves
me full for 3-4 hours without really eating that much.

Honestly I have been doing some sorta personal combination of
Southbeach, Core, Clean Eating and Sonama. I just decided to get strict
long enough to get to 130 then maintain a few months then go for 5 more.

I'll let you know if I see results.
nancy237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 03:05 PM   #14  
focused and aiming

Hi, Chickies. I am back on the wagon. I'm counting points for awhile so I can get myself "whipped" back into shape. Rehearsal went well last night. I don't have to go again till Thursday evening. Guess I'm off the island in "Survivor." I'll have to just watch it online.

Looks like everyone's doing well. I am impressed with the size 8 jeans. Double that number for mine.

Thank you all for your well wishes and . Both are helping.

Okay, let's all keep on keepin' on.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 03:50 PM   #15  

Went walking with my sister in the local state park. There are nice open trails an quite a few other trails that go off into the woods and around the more remote areas. I had never gone on those -- well, we went today. We got there at 10:15 and finished at 1:00. Yes -- 2 hours and 45 minutes of good hiking. We kept a good pace and it was mostly up and down hills. For activity points today -- get this. 10 points!!!! It was great to get out - walking with her and talking the whole time, it was a quick 2+ hours. Came home and had my veggie soup and an apple. Its a good day!