Weighing more than your mate...

You're on Page 1 of 3
Go to
  • My husband is lanky at 6'4" 178 pounds. I am 6' now 192 pounds. When we married a few years back, he weighed a little more than me. He lost 15 pounds and after 2 kids and a whole lot of ice cream I gained 40.

He has his own body image issues and would like to gain weight. He's one of those people who can eat whatever he wants without visible physical consequences. His energy level is definitely affected by his diet though.

I excited to weigh less than him again. It might be silly, but I feel a little less feminine because I weigh more. I think I'll feel a bit sexier if you know what I mean.

Can anyone relate?
  • I can definitely relate on some level! I'm 5'9" and 194lbs at the moment and the person who sees me naked is 6'3" and 145lbs. I'm never going to be smaller than him–my goal is 150!–but I certainly look forward to not having the nagging "will I crush him?" concern at the back of my mind.
  • Oh boy do I get it. Mine is 6'3" and 165 lb. I have never weighed less than him, and probably never will.
  • I gotcha all beat -- my DH is 120 lbs with his clothes on; need I say more ... not ever gonna happen.
  • Sure.

Even when we met and I was my svelte 165 lb I prob weighed more than him because he was underweight for his 6 ft and change! He's where he needs to be at 185-190 ish now, but I'm still 70+ more than him.

I'll get there when I get there.

In the meanwhile, the rship is solid. So we don't really think about it much.

A.
  • He's only about 2 pounds heavier than me but there was a point when I weighed a bit more. :/ I totally get where you're coming from.
  • Can I. My hubby was 129 when we met. He is 5'5. He now weighs 172. I was around 190. I now weigh 198(after a 30lb loss). I am 5'2. I am trying to get lower than him...he of course is on a diet also(and his type of diet is to say he is gonna lose and he does). I am so hoping that in 3 months I will weigh less but it may take more...but it IS gonna happen.
  • My concern is to always be able to fit into my guy's jeans!
  • This just happened to me for the first time in the past year. Pregnant for the 2nd time (DH gained weight with my 1st pregnancy, so I never surpassed him), I was going up in weight and he was coming down.

Now he is 6'1" 185 (muscular) and I'm 5'6" and today 195.8. When we met he was exactly what he is now, but I was about 150-155. Luckily I will catch him soon. He doesn't want to lose weight, he just wants to put on muscle.
  • I can understand it! I've NEVER weighed less than a significant other! When I met my husband, I was over 200 pounds, he was 140 soaking wet (at 5'11"). Now I finally weigh less than him, but I have for a while. He's now pushing 200 pounds. I still think of him as 140 so when I got under than number, I was excited!
  • I feel ya! My boyfriend of 7 years is around 140-150lbs and I have been heavier than him for about 4 of those years lol. I am now within 4lbs of his weight, and it is getting so hard to get past him! He could def. put on some lbs and he's trying to gain muscle so I have been trying to steer him in the right direction. He can drop weight without trying and here I am getting stuck between 2lbs!

Men have all the luck....lol
  • Btw, he's 6ft and I am exactly 5 foot nothing!
  • Totally get it. My husband is 6'4 and 140 lbs. He is one lanky muscle. I am hoping that one day I will weigh less. I am only 5'4.
  • I can totally relate. Fiance is currently a muscular 6'3" at...190ish? I believe. I think he said that much when I asked him.

When we started dating I was 190-200 and he was underweight. I think the Wii Fit said he was like 140lbs or something. I outweighed him by a lot!

I always thought I would crush him, suffocate him, etc.

It's really nice to weigh a lot less than him now!
  • Yeah, my fiancé is 150 and 6'2 or so, really lanky, can eat a house and not gain etc.

I was 245 when I started, have lost 25lbs so far and now I'm at 220. 5'4.

Our dog is a little bit overweight as well so she's been on a diet with me. We weigh her by holding her on the scale with him. I noted that I weighed more than the two of them combined (she's a pit). Now we are about the same, lol.

I have always worried about crushing him etc. I hate that feeling so much. I'd love to feel comfortable sitting on his lap, ontop in "other" situations. but I'm not. He wants me to and says it doesn't hurt/bother him which somehow bothers me more because I just think he's being kind !

I'm actually only aiming to go to 170, because I actually like looking curvy and I don't want to be really skinny. I will reevaluate when I get there, and I may do 150ish in the end but I don't expect to go lower then him ever lol.