Two egg yolks, fried in butter
    Three rashers of streaky bacon, ditto

Lunch:
    One egg yolk, fried in butter
    Two slices of bacon bacon, ditto

Dinner:
    2 beef short ribs, seasoned with paprika
    Rocket and racchcio salad leaves
    Homemade French dressing (olive oil, 1tsp mustard, 1 garlic clove, 1tbsp white wine vinegar)

Snacks:
    80g packet of snack chorizo (trace carbs)
    Another 80g packet of snack chorizo
    1 pepperami stick
    37g of silverskin onions (1g carbs)

Just wondering if this is too much? Looking forward to pursuing this new approach - only ever tried low calorie before with varying degrees of success.
  • From what I remember from the book, at the beginning you have to eat until your fill full: not over-full but until you're not hungry anymore. You appetite will diminish as you go along anyway, usually (did for me). I think?!?!?
  • I'm new too. The only thing I question is the peppermint stick. Do you mean a candy peppermint stick with sugar? That might keep you out of ketosis...

I am curious though, what is chorizo? I could use some snack options.
  • Hey
    Thanks for replies Chorizo is a Spanish sausages made with pork and spices. Really tasty and really low carb.

@lose30 - pepperami is a UK meat snack - 0.6g carbs per snack
  • More veggies, everyone!!!
  • Glad to be here, very positive people and posts!
  • Hind Sight Is Great
    Trying to get back in the swing of eating Atkins, in ketosis now, no hunger and re-reading the book... I know that it is the only way for my body to loose the weight.

Wish I had stuck with it many years ago. Could of change my life and health!

Here now and doing good...
  • Add some veggies it looks good ! Hehe now to make me a egg tata lovely ladies