Yes
6.25%
No, but I used to
25.00%
I have never smoked
68.75%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll
  • Do you smoke?

If you do.. are you afraid to quit in fear of gaining weight?
  • I quit smoking before I got pregnant with Sara.. I quit very slowly so I didn't notice too much gain because of it.

I am now one of those nasty "non-smokers"
    Seems like everyone smokes in the midwest.
  • I smoked for 7 year up through college and quit when I was 22, yes I started when I was 15 I didn't really gain any weight I was already fat
  • I come from a huge smoking family. Pratically everyone in my family smokes except me and one of my brothers. I hate the smell of cigarette smoke. My husband's best friend and his family smoke so when we come home from visiting them I have to change clothes and wash my hair before I do anything else.
  • I will say that in college I was a "social smoker", ok, maybe it was just a drunk smoker. So, I only smoked when I was really drunk, so maybe about once a week, so I never considered myself a smoker. I tried to smoke at a Christmas party this year, but felt like I was tasting it for the next two days. Yuck. I won't ever do it again.
  • Dana,

Move to California! One of the greatest things about living here is walking into a nightclub and being able to see the back wall.... no smoke. At all! Wow!

I too am a nasty non-smoker. I come from a family of smokers (even my little sister used to).
  • nOpe, I don't smoke...unless I'm on 'fire' *wink*
  • You cannot smoke & work where I do.

My father & stepmother & uncle & cousins all smoke. Blech. Christmas is disgusting.
  • I can't believe the results! That so many of you have never smoked - I'm impressed. I thought it would have been more like 40% never smoked.
  • I grew up with a smoker, and had lots of bronchitis when I was younger. My mom died from smoking (lung cancer) at 76 years old. Her mother, who didn't smoke, lived to be 103 (she died in December) and lived in her own home by herself until she was 101. So the potential was there for my mom to live a long, healthy life if she just hadn't smoked. My Mom's brother, died in his late 60s from lung cancer. My husband's sister died in her late 50s from emphysema caused by smoking.

This fall we moved into the house I grew up in. The remodelers said that they really had to work to get the tar out of the walls. Everything had a yellow film over it.

I probably went too far on my "rant," but I'm virulently antismoking. Unfortunately, my son smokes, but he makes it a point never to be seen with a cigarette around me. I didn't ask him not to smoke in front of me, but he's good enough to respect my feelings about it. Just wish he'd quit. . .
  • I never was a "real" smoker (whatever that means). All of my brothers were smokers at one time or another (and my father still smokes even though his health is deteriorating rapidly). I will still occasionally smoke if I am with friends who are smoking, but I never buy cigarettes. I figure I have done enough damage to myself being obese, I don't need to compound it with being a smoker.
  • I used to smoke, I smoked for 10 years and I quit on Sept 22/02 (coming up on 6 months! ) I never gained weight, I kept right on losing, because I never replaced smoking with eating. I chewed gum instead
  • I have never smoked. I can't stand the smell, and I think it's disgusting..(sorry to offend any smokers) It makes me ill-I literally cough for days afterwards if I'm around cigarette smoke, and get a slamming headache from it too. There are some bands I like who play clubs that still allow smoking and I have to miss out on it just because of that. I wish NJ would ban smoking in clubs like calif. has.

Sherry