My cheat day has been a disaster.

• So, I've alloted myself one day a month to not count calories and eat some of the stuff I've been abstaining from. Well, today was that day. I had a waffle, grits, and bacon for breakfast and I'd been excited to have pizza for lunch since I haven't had it in over a month. Well after the waffle, bacon and eggs my stomach was TORE UP. I can't stay off the toilet! I am so disappointed. At one point, I thought my stomach was better so I decided to have a girl scout cookie (I have 2 unopened boxes I'd been hanging on to for over a month) and my stomach got even worse! I've been running back and forth to the toilet all day.
    I guess I just can't eat these things anymore without getting sick.
  • sounds like a victory to me..lol! if i knew that chocolate would just make me hurt, i would stay away from it. sorry you're feeling bad, but this is a good sign: you should no longer crave the foods that are bad for you!
  • I think anything in *moderation* is key.
  • Quote: I think anything in *moderation* is key.
    I agree. But I'd only had 1 waffle, bacon, and eggs (which is certainly fattening, but not *too* outlandish, imo.) before I started getting the runs.
  • was it homemade or did you eat out? maybe there are other factors at play here. just saying..
  • Have you been avoiding wheat altogether? Because reintroduction of wheat after a long break can have that effect. I'm a little worried about that myself because I am wheat-free, but I have to travel in a couple weeks.
  • Quote: Have you been avoiding wheat altogether? Because reintroduction of wheat after a long break can have that effect. I'm a little worried about that myself because I am wheat-free, but I have to travel in a couple weeks.
    I haven't been avoiding wheat totally, I do eat a little. But I think it was the bacon and eggs that did it. I haven't had bacon in over 2 months--I almost never eat red meat. Same with eggs, I usually only eat the whites. And then the cookies just made it worse. I rarely eat chocolate either.
  • I'm sorry you're feeling like crap, but honestly, i wish this would happen to me. I can eat healthy for weeks, then binge and eat 3000 calories' worth of chocolate, and still feel totally fine. Makes it hard to stop.
  • <<I can eat healthy for weeks, then binge and eat 3000 calories' worth of chocolate, and still feel totally fine.>>

Same here. A few days ago I started a thread about my 4,000-calorie buffet binge, which included foods I never eat at home, such as beef and pork -- not to mention about 2,000 calories' worth of rich desserts. No symptoms at all. There's something to be said for getting sick from trying to overeat -- it's a built-in preventive feedback loop.

Freelance