Leslie Sansone, anyone? Boring, fun, ________?

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Hi ladies,

I'm about to workout after being off the workout wagon for some weeks, okay about a month. I was about to jump right in and do a Zumba video but now I'm thinking about taking it 'easy' with a walk video from Leslie Sansone. Have any of you tried her videos. Comments, any recommendations..

THANKS!
  • I love them. Only type of exercise I can really do with my knee issues.
  • I did a mile tonight for the first time. It flew right by me! I love this so much.
  • She has a couple of newish videos that have the word "Start!" in the name...I LOVE the 3 mile one. Some of her others annoy me with the stretchy bands and (if I remember right) weights. I just like to keep moving the whole time and not think about equipment and that's what the Start! videos are.
  • I hate...and I mean HATE to exercise. These are really wonderful for lazy broads like me.
  • I love Walk Away the Pounds, I do. I have... 4 or 5 of them and I do at least one a day.
  • I started with Kim Lyons after checking some LS from library. I like the idea of the workouts but she's got extra people, visually distracting sets (to me) and some of the music has lyrics so then I cannot hear her.

A.
  • Back! Now that I've actually DONE a video (walk away the pounds: abs) I gotta say these are awesome! They can get a little boring because they're repititious but it's SO easy, no fancy dance moves or equipment (she does use some but you don't have to, or can use weights), not too slow and not too fast.

If you haven't checked her stuff out yet, do it! You can youtube to see if you like it.

I was thinking about Zumba, too, but...yeah. I can't/won't force myself to do moves like that.
  • I have a bunch of Leslie's, and for me they are fun cardio. I find I'd rather do a Leslie walk then use my treadmill. I prefer the ones where she's with a group and have jogging intervals. If I'm feeling more energetic I can turn sidesteps into skaters, add arms where there are none or jog while they walk to add more intensity, or I can tone them down also. I have problems with the knee ups, I can do some but too many in a row makes my hip flexors hurt, and usually sub some other move like tap-outs or heel digs.

You might try looking for complilations of her older workouts to start with, I got one at Walmart for $10 and one has 10miles total. Not sure if that is still availible though.
  • I LOVE them. I usually mute the TV and listen to my iPod and just go at it. They are great, easy and I feel like I get a good work out.
  • LOVE, LOVE, LOVE...Leslie. I had great success with her. She's chatty but it works and you don't realize you're getting a great workout. I started at the 2 and then worked my way up to the 5 mile videos. I really like her Pilates Walk...it incorporates some jogging, stretching, etc.
  • I have 3 videos of hers that came with weighted balls..I lost the weighed balls and I must admit it does get boring,.,.but now I put my Ipod on and makes her workout fast!! Good luck with your efforts!!
  • I got tired of them after a while... but still think she's great!
  • yes, it's great her workouts get people moving. but, I really just found them so boring, even with my own music, which is funny because I can handle walking on a treadmill for 3 miles with my own music but not just marching in place.
  • I found Leslie's newest workout Ultimate 5 Day walk at Target for $13. Its not supposed to be released until mid March.