Newbie Here

• Hi. I am new, both to this messageboard and to the diet. But I am VERY excited about doing this.

I have a couple of questions and thought maybe some of the more experienced IP dieters could help me.

1) Why no non-dairy creamer if there are no carbs or sugar?

2) Why no cheese?

3) My coach said 2 boiled eggs w/o the yolk... yet the sheet I have says 2 WHOLE eggs... is that just my coach's preference or are we not supposed to have the yolk?

I want to do everthing right. But I'm also someone who likes to understand the why behind things.

Thanks for any answers I receive.
  • Quote: Hi. I am new, both to this messageboard and to the diet. But I am VERY excited about doing this.

I have a couple of questions and thought maybe some of the more experienced IP dieters could help me.

2) Why no cheese?

3) My coach said 2 boiled eggs w/o the yolk... yet the sheet I have says 2 WHOLE eggs... is that just my coach's preference or are we not supposed to have the yolk?

I want to do everthing right. But I'm also someone who likes to understand the why behind things.

Just the best of my understanding...probably not correct!
    1) I have no idea on this. I've never used creamer so I don't pay attention. Could it be because of sugar or other artificial sweeteners?
    2) Fat and calories I would assume! Since everything is predetermine with the packets and serving sizes, if you consumed cheese, you'd go over on your calories!
    3) My understanding is in order for it to count as y our protein, it should be whole eggs....egg whites are more of a "free" food....at least that's what I've been told!
  • Quote: Hi. I am new, both to this messageboard and to the diet. But I am VERY excited about doing this.

2) Why no cheese?

Hello, and welcome to both the boards and IP. There is a ton on information here along with recipes and a lot of support. To answer your questions to the best of my ability here are my answers.......
    1) We are allowed 1oz of milk so if it has 0/0/0 then I don't see why you can't use it

2) Cheese, we can have veggie cheese. Don't really know the reasoning why we can't have it just know that we can't and I don't question it....lol

3)We can have 2 WHOLE eggs with the yokes as a protein but we can also have egg whites as extra

Hope this helps a little but I am sure someone else will chime in
  • Quote: Hello, and welcome to both the boards and IP. There is a ton on information here along with recipes and a lot of support. To answer your questions to the best of my ability here are my answers.......
    1) We are allowed 1oz of milk so if it has 0/0/0 then I don't see why you can't use it

2) Cheese, we can have veggie cheese. Don't really know the reasoning why we can't have it just know that we can't and I don't question it....lol

3)We can have 2 WHOLE eggs with the yokes as a protein but we can also have egg whites as extra

The non-dairy creamer is a little confusing to me as well, if it is 0/0/0, but I remember my coach specifically saying NO when I had my first consult with her!!! Now I wish I knew why, and I don't even use it!
  • Is veggie cheese any good, Wuv? lol... for some reason I am thinking 'tofu burger' Ick... lol... but I am open minded. I mainly wanted to know about cheese because I know it does have protein and you can find fat free varieties.

Was reading in another thread and someone was talking about using the vanilla drink mix in their coffee... that actually sounds good... hmmm might try that until I can find a definite answer on the non-dairy creamer.

And the thing about the yolks was protein related too... plus confusion over the coach saying something different that the food list I have.

Thanks so much for the answers, ladies. If anyone else can contribute, please do! I wanna learn all I can and make sure I do this right!
  • Veggie cheese taste like cheese....lol....My son eats it and says it taste the same as well. Which food list do you have? Is there a date of it, I think the one I have is dated March 2011. If it is different can you scan it?
  • Giving up coffee creamer has been one of the hardest things for me, since I do not care for the taste of milk in my coffee. I think most of the creamers have either corn syrup or vegetable oil solids in them if you check the ingredients. I finally discovered that the IP vanilla drink is a good substitute for french vanilla creamer. I mix up a packet and keep it in a covered container in the fridge, then just use a bit as needed.
  • Quote: Veggie cheese taste like cheese....lol....My son eats it and says it taste the same as well. Which food list do you have? Is there a date of it, I think the one I have is dated March 2011. If it is different can you scan it?
    I am gonna have to try the veggie cheese.

And the date on my sheet is 5/24/11.
  • Quote: Veggie cheese taste like cheese....lol....My son eats it and says it taste the same as well. Which food list do you have? Is there a date of it, I think the one I have is dated March 2011. If it is different can you scan it?
    Phase 1: To Be Followed Until 90% of Your Weight-Loss Goal is Achieved.
    *Serving size must be respected with no more/no less than indicated.*
    Dinner Protein (Suggested Options) - No frying or breading permitted.
    Fish: Anchovy, Bass, Catfish, Cod, Grouper, Haddock, Halibut, Hake, Mahi-Mahi, Monk Fish, Pike, Perch, Red
    Snapper, Redfish, Sea Bass, Shark, Smelt, Sole, Sword Fish, Tilapia, Tuna (Red Tuna-1 x per week) Trout, Turbot,
    Whiting, Walleye, Wild Salmon (1 x per week) Seafood: Crab, Crawfish, Clams, Lobster, Mussels, Oysters, Shrimp,
    Scampi, Scallops (4 large), Squid
    Beef: Flank Steak, (extra-lean) Ground Beef, Rump Steak, Roast, Sirloin, Round, Tournedos, Tenderloin
    Veal: Breast, Cutlet, Inside Round Steak, Rib, Shank, Shoulder, Tenderloin
    Poultry: (skinless) Chicken, Fowl, Quails, Turkey, (2) Whole Eggs, Wild Birds
    Pork: Fat-Free Cooked Ham, Pork Tenderloin
    Other: Bison, Deer, Elk, Frog’s Legs, Kidney, Liver, Ostrich, Rabbit, Tofu (plain)
    Vegetables
    Select: Algae, Alfalfa, Asparagus, Arugula, Bell Peppers, Broccoli, Bean Sprouts, Cauliflower, Cabbage (red, pak choi,
    bok choy), Celery, Celeriac, Chicory, Collards, Cress, Cucumbers, Dill Pickles, Endive, Fennel, Field Salad, Green
    Onions, Kale, Kohlrabi, Leeks, Mushrooms, Okra, Onions (raw only), Hot Peppers, Radicchio, Radish, Rhubarb,
    Rutabaga, Sauerkraut, Sorrel, Spinach, Swiss Chard, Turnip, Watercress, Zucchini
    Occasional (You may choose two items only per week from this list): Brussels sprouts, Beans (Green & Wax),
    Eggplant, Palm Hearts, Snow Peas, Swede, Tomato
    Not permitted: Artichoke, Avocado, Beets, Carrots, Chick Peas, Corn, Olives, Parsnips, Peas, (all) Potatoes,
    Pumpkin, Sweet Corn, Squash, Yams
    Seasonings
    Apple Cider Vinegar, Fine Herbs, Garlic, Ginger, Lemon, Lemon Grass, Hot Mustard, Hot Sauce, Soya Sauce, Spices
    (MSG Free/No Carbs), Tamari Sauce, White Vinegar- NO BALSAMIC or REDWINE VINEGAR!!
    Restricted Foods - only 1 of the following Ideal Protein Foods are permitted per day; All Bars, Soy Puffs, Chili,
    Oatmeal, Pancakes, Soy Nuts, Salt and Vinegar & BBQ Ridges, Southwest Cheese Curls (Spaghetti is permitted a
    maximum of 2 x’s per week)
    IMPORTANT – Anything that is not included on this sheet must be zero carb, zero fat and zero sugar.
    Meal ideas with or without Ideal Protein Gourmet Foods can be found in our Recipe Books.
    05/24/11
  • appears to be the same sheet I have...thanks
  • Quote: Hello, and welcome to both the boards and IP. There is a ton on information here along with recipes and a lot of support. To answer your questions to the best of my ability here are my answers.......

Where do you find veggie cheese that is 0/0/0? I've seen it in the stores, but it all has calories and fat!
  • Quote: Is veggie cheese any good, Wuv? lol... for some reason I am thinking 'tofu burger' Ick... lol... but I am open minded. I mainly wanted to know about cheese because I know it does have protein and you can find fat free varieties.

Was reading in another thread and someone was talking about using the vanilla drink mix in their coffee... that actually sounds good... hmmm might try that until I can find a definite answer on the non-dairy creamer.

And the thing about the yolks was protein related too... plus confusion over the coach saying something different that the food list I have.

Thanks so much for the answers, ladies. If anyone else can contribute, please do! I wanna learn all I can and make sure I do this right!
    I use the vanilla or chocolate RTD shake in my morning coffee with a dash of cinnamon and can almost convice myself it is a Latte. Yum!! where do u get the veggie cheese? is it ok on phase one?