Maintainers Moving in February

You're on Page 5 of 5
Go to
  • Tuesday, Feb. 28:

15 minutes Stairmaster stepper, resistance at seven, with me burning it up because I was furiously thinking all the way through it, rehearsing things to say at today's presentation
    60 minutes shoulders, biceps & triceps routine
    45 minutes recumbent bike, resistance at eight, doing a half hour of intervals with one-minute sprints and one-minute rests. Oh my, it makes this bike feel like a serious exercise machine rather than a form of living room lounge with a foot-rest that you peddle.

On days when I feel overwhelmed with tasks, it takes me longer to get to the gym, even when I have nothing scheduled that the gym time would run into.

I need to remember how cardio burns off nervous energy, clears my head and somehow naturally sedates me when it's over.
  • Wednesday, Feb. 29:

The cat made me do it. I mean, he's used to me following a certain schedule, so he started walking over my body at 4 AM, which is when I usually wake up. (How can they tell the time without reading a clock, particularly since the light cues change at this time of year?) I got up to feed him and let him out, despite having had only four hours of good sleep, and then stayed up, had breakfast and headed for the gym. Honestly, I might have just cared for the cat and gone back to bed for another two hours, but there's a snowstorm in the forecast, and I figured I'd better leave the house while I still could.

So, 45 minute spin class with heavy resistance and sprint intervals
  • Quote: Wednesday, Feb. 29:

The cat made me do it. I mean, he's used to me following a certain schedule, so he started walking over my body at 4 AM, which is when I usually wake up. (How can they tell the time without reading a clock, particularly since the light cues change at this time of year?) I got up to feed him and let him out, despite having had only four hours of good sleep, and then stayed up, had breakfast and headed for the gym. Honestly, I might have just cared for the cat and gone back to bed for another two hours, but there's a snowstorm in the forecast, and I figured I'd better leave the house while I still could.

So, 45 minute spin class with heavy resistance and sprint intervals
    Animals pick up on our tiniest body signals. I think Mudpie times her wake up to a slight change in my breathing. And their "internal clocks" usually are wired to their stomachs!

Dagmar
  • Quote: Feb. 27: 30 minutes body pump, 30 minutes core training

Totals:
    25 days
    1675 minutes
    Feb. 28: none

Feb. 29: 30 minutes Turbo Kick; 30 minutes core/strength training

Totals for February:
    26 days
    1735 minutes