Got Sick and Took a Temporary Rest from the Wagon!

• Hey, all -

Stayed home yesterday from work and was feeling okay. Then threw up my breakfast and it seemed things sprialed downward from there... I tried to stay on plan with a fruit for lunch and some ground turkey, but it just didn't work... the only thing that sounded good was ice cream. So, I gave in and had a few tablespoons of Bunny Tracks and a piece of chocolate! I know, I know... not on plan, but it did make me feel better.

This had me worried and I stayed on plan (mostly) for the rest of the day,... but it makes me wonder if I have moved on with emotional eating (I was feeling more in control before this week... even the holidays didn't bother me!)or if it was a slip due to not feeling well. I dread having to weigh in this week and I'm obsessing over it.... ugh! Any advice?
  • When I was sick I gave myself about 24 hours to eat what sounded edible versus what was OP. I needed to regain my strength. There was a temporary weight gain of a pound, but it was quickly gone. Don't obsess. I'm still workign through the emotional eating as I know it will always be part of me, the way alcohol is to an alcoholic...a comfort, a drug. But knowing that and doing what I need to keep it in check. A lot of journaling, reading successful stories of maintainers, etc. is helping a lot. Just saying "I'm not going to be an emotional eater" and identifying at the moment I can feel it welling...and then try to replace it with something else.