IP Daily Chat Friday 1/20/12

You're on Page 5 of 9
Go to
  • Happy Friday everyone I am stuck here at home for the second day due to weather...no school. I miss my first graders, however the house looks sparkling. My daughter is at her dad's this week....so with no work and no kiddo, I am a bit lonely In the past, I would spend my alone time eating. Then, I would be in a carbo coma and have no energy to do anything. I am happy to say that although I have cabin fever---I am OP and love feeling in control

Have a great weekend everyone !!!!!
  • ok, so i went out to eat for lunch today... and i did my best to find something OP. I ate spicy Thai Larb Salad w/grilled chicken. How does this look? Legal?
    Nutrition Facts
    Serving Size: 1/4 (142g)
    Amount per Serving
    Calories 136
    Calories from Fat 13.5
    % Daily Value *
    Total Fat 1.5g
    2%
    Saturated Fat 0.4g
    2%
    Cholesterol 65mg
    21%
    Sodium 597mg
    24%
    Total Carbohydrate 2.6g
    0%
    Dietary Fiber 0.4g
    1%
    Sugars 0.6g

Protein 26.9g
    53%
  • Quote: Your WI will be super awesome. Today feels like a day where 99% of everything will be awesome.

LOL, anyhoo... All the schools were canceled today because of the craploads of snow we're getting. My dad also stayed home, and is putting up our new kitchen cabinets! They're hickory with a natural finish and are so pretty! I can't wait until we're done working on our house. We're trying to get it sellable, or at least how our "forever home" should look. We've got a hole in the ceiling of one of our bathrooms for crying out loud.

My little sister Anna is really sick with the stomach flu, and my parents had to take her to the hospital because she was so dehydrated and weak. I am really hoping I don't get it. That would fail.

I hope you all have an amazing (and awesome) day!!!

you were right it was amazing I lost 4 lbs and she measured me today and I have lost 20 inches alltogether! WOOHOO
  • Quote: you were right it was amazing I lost 4 lbs and she measured me today and I have lost 20 inches alltogether! WOOHOO
    Wow, way to go!
  • Quote: YES you can still have this on Phase 1
    Thanks Lisa, you're awesome!!!
  • Quote: ok, so i went out to eat for lunch today... and i did my best to find something OP. I ate spicy Thai Larb Salad w/grilled chicken. How does this look? Legal?
    Nutrition Facts
    Serving Size: 1/4 (142g)
    Amount per Serving
    Calories 136
    Calories from Fat 13.5
    % Daily Value *
    Total Fat 1.5g
    2%
    Saturated Fat 0.4g
    2%
    Cholesterol 65mg
    21%
    Sodium 597mg
    24%
    Total Carbohydrate 2.6g
    0%
    Dietary Fiber 0.4g
    1%
    Sugars 0.6g

Protein 26.9g
    53%
    This says for a 1/4 of a serving, how many servings did you eat? that is a lot of sodium for only 1/4 of a serving. Doesn't look like you did too bad if you only had one serving

Quote: you were right it was amazing I lost 4 lbs and she measured me today and I have lost 20 inches alltogether! WOOHOO
    AWESOME!!!....congrats on that WI....amazing how it just melts off isn't it? IF you follow the program it WORKS!!!...there is no need to stress or worry, it does its own magic when you follow it
  • Yes it really is amazing how fast its coming off. I dont know why I was worried I never cheated. My husband and I are booking a trip to Hawaii in June and I would loooove to be in a bikini when we go if this keeps up I will definitley meet that goal. SUPER excited!
  • [QUOTE=wuv2bloved;4181198]This says for a 1/4 of a serving, how many servings did you eat? that is a lot of sodium for only 1/4 of a serving. Doesn't look like you did too bad if you only had one serving

yeah, it was just one serving.
  • [QUOTE=whirlygirl72;4181207]
    Quote: This says for a 1/4 of a serving, how many servings did you eat? that is a lot of sodium for only 1/4 of a serving. Doesn't look like you did too bad if you only had one serving

yeah, it was just one serving.
    I think you made a good choice
  • I haven't been able to get on the site this week, it kept giving me an error message, but I'm back on today . Had my WI #14 this morning (did not WI last week due to daughter with stomach flu) and I lost 6lbs I can almost taste Onderland!!
    We had temperatures with the windchill to the -42C, still not quite as cold as our neighbours to the North. We are now getting ready for our Chinook and the temp will go up by 40 degrees, can I say Migraine!!
    Onto Week 15!!
  • Quote: I haven't been able to get on the site this week, it kept giving me an error message, but I'm back on today . Had my WI #14 this morning (did not WI last week due to daughter with stomach flu) and I lost 6lbs I can almost taste Onderland!!
    We had temperatures with the windchill to the -42C, still not quite as cold as our neighbours to the North. We are now getting ready for our Chinook and the temp will go up by 40 degrees, can I say Migraine!!
    Onto Week 15!!
    GREAT JOB!!!....I was just thinking today I had not seen you around and was going to ask your sister about you. Glad to see you are nearing onderland and staying OP!
  • Quote: GREAT JOB!!!....I was just thinking today I had not seen you around and was going to ask your sister about you. Glad to see you are nearing onderland and staying OP!
    Thank you!! I don't think our internet likes the extreme cold... Yvette started stage 4, so she will be my "expert" once I arrive there too, lol.
  • Quote: Thank you!! I don't think our internet likes the extreme cold... Yvette started stage 4, so she will be my "expert" once I arrive there too, lol.
    Awesome, that is how my mom is...she is experimenting with all sorts of things so that way when I get there she will be able to help me out and give me tricks and tips
  • Quote: Happy Friday everyone I am stuck here at home for the second day due to weather...no school. I miss my first graders, however the house looks sparkling. My daughter is at her dad's this week....so with no work and no kiddo, I am a bit lonely In the past, I would spend my alone time eating. Then, I would be in a carbo coma and have no energy to do anything. I am happy to say that although I have cabin fever---I am OP and love feeling in control

Have a great weekend everyone !!!!!
    That's awesome. Energy makes you feel alive again, not checked out. I had no idea how and what I was eating was so completely and totally zapping me of energy and motivation. I am off coffee now (my choice since before the diet) and to be awake and functioning without caffeine was almost unheard of. I hear the energy gets better. I am still tired sometimes but not checked out anymore like I was. So thankful for this experience and fellow IPers.
  • Quote: Fisrt of all - LOVE the suggestion; second of all - my guy is a little younger...10 next week actually and only in his 2nd year of hockey. The important thing is that he likes to play and has fun doing it, win or lose! It's a sport I've grown to love. We were football, basketball and baseball until two years ago.
    I grew up on it but really only watch Olympic Hockey. I get too caught up in it and I don't think I could do that every year. Every four years is better! lol. Also, I'm more addicted to Canadian football anyway. They are cute when they are learning, I always compare the 4 year old's to a swarm of mosquitoes following the puck. My nephew (10) loves it too (6 year old niece plays it too!). My gf just posted a picture on facebook of her 8 year old "here he is for his first penalty". He looked so little in the penalty box.

Welcome back Angelique, I too was thinking "I wonder where Yvette's sister went". Glad to see you're back. Good weigh in!