Closed Thread

Old 01-20-2012, 03:30 PM   #76  

S/C/G: 340/333/225

Height: 5'9"

Just went grocery shopping and am going to try a recipe I found on here for buffalo chicken burgers, I'm also going to get really advernterous and try a grilled portabella for my "bun"...any advice on making that taste great? It's not really BBQ weather so I'm going to have to use the Foreman grill.
Old 01-20-2012, 03:33 PM   #77  

S/C/G: 340/333/225

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gardengurl71 View Post
Happy Friday everyone I am stuck here at home for the second day due to weather...no school. I miss my first graders, however the house looks sparkling. My daughter is at her dad's this week....so with no work and no kiddo, I am a bit lonely In the past, I would spend my alone time eating. Then, I would be in a carbo coma and have no energy to do anything. I am happy to say that although I have cabin fever---I am OP and love feeling in control

Have a great weekend everyone !!!!!
Hey there...I just noticed your location...I'm from the Tri-Cities too! Crazy weather huh? Stuck at home as well, makes it hard as I'm a boredom eater...doing good though! Nice to meet you
Old 01-20-2012, 03:52 PM   #78  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Some great weight losses today.

It's been a couple of crazy days here. I was rear ended the other night and that car pushed my car when he hit me into the car in front of me (we were stopped at a red light). So lots of damage on both ends of my car. Fortunately no one was injured, just a little black and blue, but nothing that won't heal. Then I got a call regarding some bad health news about my SIL. I'm very sad right now, but trying to hold it together. Rather than eating my normal comfort foods like I would have in the old days when I was stressed, I went to the gym to work out instead. Life happens, but I'm still taking care of me so I can be there to take care of others.
Old 01-20-2012, 04:03 PM   #79  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanafromAustin View Post

It's been a couple of crazy days here. I was rear ended the other night and that car pushed my car when he hit me into the car in front of me (we were stopped at a red light). So lots of damage on both ends of my car. Fortunately no one was injured, just a little black and blue, but nothing that won't heal. Then I got a call regarding some bad health news about my SIL. I'm very sad right now, but trying to hold it together. Rather than eating my normal comfort foods like I would have in the old days when I was stressed, I went to the gym to work out instead. Life happens, but I'm still taking care of me so I can be there to take care of others.
Sorry for all of your bad new Dana, Hang in there, take care of yourself
Old 01-20-2012, 04:06 PM   #80  

S/C/G: 232.5/208.8/175.0

So weigh-in #2 today and down 5.2 lbs yahoo.
I totally spaced asking my dr about the capella flavor drops - they are 0 - 0 - 0 so I'm guessing they are ok, does anyone on here use them? http://capellaflavordrops.com/

~ Tammy
Old 01-20-2012, 04:09 PM   #81  

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
Sorry for all of your bad new Dana, Hang in there, take care of yourself
Thank you Lisa, I needed that right about now. Just taking it one day at a time.
Old 01-20-2012, 04:19 PM   #82  

Good afternoon everyone!! You are all doing GREAT and the support on the site is amazing!
I am still very much a newbie... My second WI is tomorrow. First weigh in I was down 7 lbs I started at 146 and I am 5'4 40 years old and I have an auto-immune condition (lupus - that continues to wreak havoc in my life and body) with age,stress, steroids etc.. my weight went up.
I am freaking out "my" regular old bathroom scale looks like maybe I am down 1-2lbs depending when I step on (however my clothes are feeling loose)!! I am not allowed any restricted foods yet and am following the plan... NOT CHEATING!! My motivation is not only to look good and be comfortable in my skin but Ideal Protein has been said to help patients with auto-immune diseases and lupus has stole my life I want my life back so my heart is in this 150%... Anyone else experience this? Am I burning fat and maintaining muscle?? I know I should wait until my weigh in on the $2000.00 scale but just nervous and hate to feel like I'm failing.....
Old 01-20-2012, 04:23 PM   #83  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:

Among other reasons, this is probably why people like you so much.
Old 01-20-2012, 04:25 PM   #84  
IP Start Date Oct. 15/11

S/C/G: 270.3 / 189.8 / 160

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishbel View Post
Welcome back Angelique, I too was thinking "I wonder where Yvette's sister went". Glad to see you're back. Good weigh in!
Thank you! I haven't gone too far, just couldn't access the site. I've been hibernating in the bitter cold! Warming up to plus 4C tomorrow though, a 40 Degree change is just crazy, but so like Calgary!!
Old 01-20-2012, 04:53 PM   #85  

S/C/G: 185/145/130

Height: 5'6"

Hi everyone and all my fellow newbies! I'm on day 11 now and really happy with IP. I've been reading these boards obsessively since I found them a couple days before I started -- so grateful for them! I'm semi- doing this on my own. My brother runs an IP clinic through his chiropractic office in the States so I get the products and any coaching I want through him -- but I'm in Canada (Calgary -- shout out to my fellow IPeepsicles here! ) so the day-to-day is on my own. Also the weigh-ins: 8.2 lbs gone so far, by my own cheap scale! Which I'll just have to go with cuz it's all I have -- the numbers are only part of what I'm after anyway.

Honestly, though, it's the people here who have inspired me to do this program right, go all-in, and answered more questions than I knew I even had. I'm even *very cautiously* optimistic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bedheadred View Post
Ideal Protein has been said to help patients with auto-immune diseases and lupus has stole my life I want my life back so my heart is in this 150%...

Bedheadred: Would you be able to direct me towards information about this? I have an auto-immune condition too (Sjogren's Syndrome) and I would love to know more about how people like us do on diet programs like this. Not just to have a heads up for things I should be careful about or on the lookout for, but also hey, if it's helpful in disease management that will be a massive help for upping motivation on days when I need it.
Old 01-20-2012, 04:55 PM   #86  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linden View Post
Among other reasons, this is probably why people like you so much.
Linden- thank you so much for your very kind words. It means a lot.
Old 01-20-2012, 05:14 PM   #87  
IP Start Date Oct. 15/11

@ Wuv

Just read some of yesterday's daily thread, WOOT WOOT, XL!!! That is AWESOMELY AMAZING!! Congrats!!
Old 01-20-2012, 05:17 PM   #88  
IP Start Date Oct. 15/11

Quote:

It's been a couple of crazy days here. I was rear ended the other night and that car pushed my car when he hit me into the car in front of me .
I am so glad to hear no one was seriously injured. I really like what you said about taking care of yourself, so you can take care of others (familly).
Old 01-20-2012, 05:22 PM   #89  

Quote:
Originally Posted by lingereverywhere View Post
Hi everyone and all my fellow newbies! I'm on day 11 now and really happy with IP. I've been reading these boards obsessively since I found them a couple days before I started -- so grateful for them! I'm semi- doing this on my own. My brother runs an IP clinic through his chiropractic office in the States so I get the products and any coaching I want through him -- but I'm in Canada (Calgary -- shout out to my fellow IPeepsicles here! ) so the day-to-day is on my own. Also the weigh-ins: 8.2 lbs gone so far, by my own cheap scale! Which I'll just have to go with cuz it's all I have -- the numbers are only part of what I'm after anyway.

Honestly, though, it's the people here who have inspired me to do this program right, go all-in, and answered more questions than I knew I even had. I'm even *very cautiously* optimistic.

Bedheadred: Would you be able to direct me towards information about this? I have an auto-immune condition too (Sjogren's Syndrome) and I would love to know more about how people like us do on diet programs like this. Not just to have a heads up for things I should be careful about or on the lookout for, but also hey, if it's helpful in disease management that will be a massive help for upping motivation on days when I need it.
I will get the information any links etc... from my Rheumatologist. She is actually the one who suggested I start IP and it is done through her office. She has several Lupus patients feeling GREAT and coming off many medications if not all. Very exciting!
Old 01-20-2012, 05:27 PM   #90  

S/C/G: 185/121/125

Height: 5'3

Hello again--- well as much as i didn't wanna go "alternative" I just had to (partially). I bought a big bag of the EAS protein powder to sub one or two of my IP meals. Is anyone familiar with this particular powder?

Last edited by newmom7611; 01-20-2012 at 05:36 PM.
Closed Thread