Devil on my shoulder!!!

• Picked up an apple at lunch, came back from lunch to find a present - my FAVORITE chocolate from the Godiva box sitting on my desk...this is not going to be an easy choice - how about if I eat both - is that still really bad??

• Eating the apple doesn't make the chocolate "less bad". On the other hand, a single chocolate once in awhile isn't going to derail you, and probably has about the same number of calories as the apple.

Is it worth feeling less-full to have the chocolate instead of the apple?
  • Godiva Chocolate = 50 calories
    Apple = 75 calories

Eat both!
  • Personal view - if you deprive, you will not succeed and end up over-binging on something you have felt was "bad" later on. Everything is good food, in MODERATION It's one chocolate, have it and work it into your calories or spend a little more time working out... piece of cake/chocolate, LOL! Enjoy it and savour it... no guilt, just know you can fit it in
  • I agree, eat both and enjoy it!
  • Eat both. . Never feel like you have to deprive yourself. One chocolate won't do any damage, and if you feel that guilty about it, put a little extra work into your workout Eat, enjoy, be happy
  • The only time I'd oppose "eat both" is if that whole box of chocolates was sitting on your desk, and once you started, you wouldn't be able to stop. Since that doesn't appear to be the case, I'd take the single chocolate and enjoy it.
  • I ate both - annnnnd it was awesome! - I was trying not to eat chocolate today mostly b/c yesterday was pie and ice cream day [once a month for birthdays at my office] - I had a slice of both but tossed after a few bites ....and then there was chocolate popcorn the day prior. It is going to be a rough month I feel...

But the chocolate/cherry bell was worth every calorie today I must admit
  • I'm glad you ate it - I would have too. That's my rule for treats - it has to be things I really love, and in limited quantity (single serving is the best). So a single serving godiva chocolate???!!! I'd have been ALL OVER THAT!!!