Need help with ticker, please.

• Hello

I am finding myself unable to add a ticker which I can update and wonder if someone can help.

When I was here several years ago I had a ticker at Ticker Factory but cannot access it without knowing the PIN. So I made a new one but when I go back to try to change the ticker it will only let me see the old one.

So I created a ticker here on 3FC but searched and searched and could not find a way to update it. I must be missing something obvious...

Anyway, now the only way I can get a ticker is to create an entire new one every time, which is too much work and "hassle."

I would appreciate any help. Thank you.
  • I update my ticker using the signature editor under "User CP." I also keep a copy of the ticker code saved in Notepad, so that if I ever accidentally delete the code in my signature I can just C+V it back into the sig editor.
  • Quote: I update my ticker using the signature editor under "User CP." I also keep a copy of the ticker code saved in Notepad, so that if I ever accidentally delete the code in my signature I can just C+V it back into the sig editor.
    Thanks. I do know how to find it under User CP but there is no way there to update the 3FC one (that I can see) and I can't redo the TF one. I can find the signature; I just can't change the weight numbers in it.

Good idea about Notepad!!
  • In your signature, you just change the numbers in the text. So, for example, if a portion of your ticker link is:

...3fatchicks.net/img/bar-blue/bear01/lb/250/175/185/.png

The three bolded numbers represent your starting (250), goal (175), and current (185) weights.

Lets say you lost 5 lbs, and wanted to update your ticker to show that. You'd simply replace the "185" in the ticker link with "180". Your ticker will update automatically.
  • In the one I have there AREN'T any numbers in my text... LOL I was going to paste it here but it just shows the ticker again.

But if the 3FC one works that way I will create one here and use it. Except NOW when I click on the "click here" to create it, it takes me to a site that says I followed a bad link. But will assume that is temporary.
  • It worked for me just now, Misti.
  • Aha! Thanks everyone. I really wanted to get the pound off of there that I lost! I can see now that the 3FC one is really easy to update
  • Theox I am curious as to what the numbers, etc. in your signature mean. Are those the prizes that you get when you reach a certain goal?
  • Welcome back, Misti!
  • Quote: Theox I am curious as to what the numbers, etc. in your signature mean. Are those the prizes that you get when you reach a certain goal?
    Yes. I will celebrate for just about anything. I'm glad you were able to get the ticker working for you.
  • Thanks, Suzanne! Nice to be back!! And Theox, yes, same here... I celebrate goals too.
  • Can't wait to get a ticker. I have a chart and an Excel spreadsheet. but the ticker will be my favourite
  • Yes, the tickers are fun, cocoagirl. It won't be long until you get one!! Welcome