Life in the Lifeboat - 10 days at a time #6

You're on Page 1 of 4
Go to
  • O.K. Here's the next segment of 10 days in the lifeboat.

Remember this is not a "challenge" but a place for accountability to ourselves and support.

So what is your plan for this 10 day segment?
  • Boy am I glad to see this new segment - a fresh start! I will record each bite and stay within my calorie range - I will!
  • lets do it!!!
  • A new 10 days already! The last one flew by. I had my calories at almost exactly the average I was looking for, then did a calorie counter on Livestrong today and discovered I'm eating about 300 more per day than I should for my goal weight loss. Oops. So this 10 days I'm going to try to get to that smaller goal.
  • Yay for a new 10 days! I will continue to track my food on livestrong and I will find time for exercise.
  • I am so glad today is a new start. I jumped into the water yesterday as I threw caution to the wind for my son's birthday dinner - put the scale up 1.5 lbs.

So I pledge to be back on track today. Over the next 10 days I need to get to the gym at least 6 times. On the days that I don't get to the gym I will take a walk. And I will also record what I eat.

I can do this!
  • Much better day yesterday - makes such a difference when I commit to record each bite. The evening saw the waves sloshing a bit but I made it in under my calorie goal. Looking forward to today.
  • After a disastrous eating day on Thursday, I was POP yesterday. I

Hope everyone has a good weekend - I hope for a dry weekend for all of us.
  • Good day yesterday and exercised! Today as all weekend are a challenge. Hubby wants to eat out.
  • I meant to post yesterday on day #1, but Opps!!!

Gonna try to stick with ya'll this time. It's been a rough couple of weeks between my health issues and my mom's. Things seem to have settled down (knock on wood!) and I'm hoping for smooth sailing through the holidays at least.

Yesterday started out with me barely eating and hunkered down under 5 layers of covers and still couldn't get warm enough (I know, I'm in Florida what's the big deal). I've come down with my 3rd. head cold since halloween, ugh! But I'm not gonna use that as an excuse to fall overboard. The water is way too dang cold this time of year, right.

This 10 days is all about right choices for me! have a great day all!
  • Learn - I'm so glad to see you!
  • Quote: Learn - I'm so glad to see you!
    Thank you Carol, good to be back!
  • Yesterday was overall a good day. Did my best to stay busy with christmas decorating. I had a minor clitch in my day when my mother sent me into an emotional tailspin, but instead of making me devour a loaf of bread I cried it out and was able to move on. Man dementia can be a b***h!
  • I ended up having a great day yesterday. Went to the grocery store and got healthy foods in the house and then hubby grilled us a steak. YUMMY!
  • I've been feeling under the weather, but still pushed protein. Made myself eat some boiled shrimp for the protein value instead of a grilled cheese sandwich. Trying to keep fluids up while being sick. I sound like a frog (upper respiratory).

Last 10 days were fairly wet! Determined to be dry this time around.

Hugs,
    Ratkity