Bathing Suit Season Challenge

You're on Page 10 of 36
Go to
  • Matilda and berryblondeboys!

sassieangies ~ Thanks! You know I think a lot of us are up a few pounds since Christmas..good thing it only comes once a year..eh? Well heres to starting the new year out right. Just know that by next Christmas we will so be where we need to be.

fyrefly ~ I know what you mean. My jeans tell the tale, it is almost a better indicator than the scale.

Well as for me, the scale is going crazy. Between Christmas goodies and TOM I don't know what to make of it. Fingers crossed for a Whoosh before our weigh in on Thursday.
  • [QUOTE=fyreflie24;4147793]Insideme: Hey girl!! What's up with you?!

QUOTE]

Hey Girl! Welcome! Not much, ready to chuck my scale cause it moves so slowly where I'm losing inches instead....driving me crazy as usual! Look at you, so close to half way girl!!!
  • Ok well, my weigh in for today I am up to 287. 1 pound weight gain. This has been my first weight gain I've had since I started my new life. So I hope I can get back on track now that I see what I've been doing is clearly not working. Good luck to everyone on your journey!!
  • Totally scareD to do a before challenge photo. Even though I weigh a ton less than I did before. It still isn't pretty. But I also know how much photos help me too. Going to do it tomorrow morning... I. Must. Be. Very. Brave!!

So far so good today with eating better and getting off the holiday crap. Helps that the worst of TTOM is over (day 3).
  • Hello Ladies!

I'm back up the .6lbs I was down, but I'm back on track so that's an approaching TOM or water gain or ??? I'm excited for the new year to start. This has become a lifechanger for me, but I started this as a New Year's Resolution so New Year's always gives my motivation a little extra kick. I'm also starting swimming lessons in January and I'm really excited to start training for my first triathalon.

Good Luck this week to all!

• Quote: Hello Ladies!

I'm back up the .6lbs I was down, but I'm back on track so that's an approaching TOM or water gain or ??? I'm excited for the new year to start. This has become a lifechanger for me, but I started this as a New Year's Resolution so New Year's always gives my motivation a little extra kick. I'm also starting swimming lessons in January and I'm really excited to start training for my first triathalon.

Good Luck this week to all!
    I cannot imagine training for a triathlon! Yikes!

I'm giving you my stats to put into the chart. This month was a scheduled "bust" month for me and I tend to gain a ton of weight when I eat carbs, so I'm expecting to see a huge whoosh soon. Today is my first low carb day back on plan.

Anyway,

Dec. 1: 174.0
    Dec 8: 173.0
    Dec 15: 171.2
    Dec 22: 176.0
    Dec 29: 182.2

Goal weight is 165.

Current measurements are: 41-32-41 for December.
  • So I busted my butt this week since I'm at my parents' and we eat out EVERY SINGLE NIGHT.

I lost, though. 1.6. This came due to my two hours a day at the gym ... but it was worth it, even if it's not a sustainable amount of activity.

I am determined not to blow it on NYE, despite a trip to my favorite steakhouse out here.
  • Checking in quickly with my weekly weigh in...149.4...up slightly, but with TOM, I'm surprised it's not more. I'll take it!
  • I am in -- My goal is to shed 25.5 pounds.

SW 155.5
    GW 130

Weigh-In day; Each Friday
  • to the thread Sum38.

dogsdaysofnight ~ It seems TOM hit a lot of us. Hopefully he will be gone soon.

Shanhat ~ on getting a loss even with all the eating out. Amazing.

prairiegirl ~ Good luck with training, that will be an amazing accomplishment.

berryblonde ~ I know what you mean about the pictures. I took some (though not in a bathing suit). I can't wait to do the comparison shots. They are quite motivating as well.

sassyangies
    ~ No worries...new year, new you!

Well my official weigh in for today is 188 but that is so not right. Just coming off TOM so i am expecting that whoosh any day now. Hope you ladies have a groovy day.
  • Fly by post, back up to 150.6 which is good considering the week of food I have had!

Happy new year!

• Today is my weigh in. I'm the same so I'm glad my Xmas binging didn't effect me, I probably would have lost if I didn't binge!!

I stayed the same 194

Have a Happy New Year's Everyone!
  • Thanks ladies; happy to be here

Today is my official weigh in day; 155lbs. Down 0.5 pounds from last Friday.
  • Good weigh-ins ladies. Maintaining or losing a little through the holidays is awesome!

I'm gearing up for renewed motivation. I also organized my apartment, budget, paperwork, fridge, etc...while on holidays this week (I know, I know exciting vacation LOL). I also did a lot of cooking, portioning, and freezing meals. I made:

veggie samosas
    vegan 'cream' of vegetable soup
    lentil soup
    lettuce wrap fillings
    spicy hummus
    thai pumpkin soup
    vegetable rice soup

So I have no excuse for grabbing something on the way home or eating free junk food at work for lunch or skipping dinner. I'm going to try to make one dish each weekend and freeze some of it so that I have a rotating selection of frozen homemade meals. I'm going to make chili this weekend. Anyone have a good spicy chili recipe?

I've been thinking a lot about sugar lately. Sugar is a problem for me. I'm a sugar addict. My parents got me hooked on it when I was a kid LOL. My brother and I would always get a $1 on Saturdays to go buy penny candies at the store. We'd get those little brown paper bags and my brother would carefully count out his 50 candies and I'd just jam as many in there as I could and then roll the top of the bag closed and claim there was only 50 when we paid at the till. Because the candies were only 1 cent each there was no tax...up until a few years ago there was no tax charged on the 5 cent candies that have replaced those penny candies...now there is tax on the candies, the candies are huge and the bags are clear plastic and it's harder to lie about how many are in there! I still love them, but I'm going to go into sugar addict recovery and stop eating those darn candies

My brother still loves those candies too.

• Drive by post for me today. You ladies have a safe New Years.