One year ago...

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • I decided to finally kick myself in the rear and take charge of my weight and my life. One year ago I began learning about healthy eating, making swaps of good food for bad, moving more, and actually living.

I started at over 300 lbs. I refused to weigh myself at home (or look at myself in the mirror or take pictures, for that matter) but the last recorded weight by a doctor was 300. I was larger than that a year ago.

I learned about proper portion sizes and began measuring my food. I made small changes gradually, like choosing grilled chicken over fried and salad over fries. I struggled through 80s aerobics tapes until the triumphant day where I actually finished the entire 60 minute workout.

I'm truly amazed how much difference just a few changes makes. I don't follow a strict diet but just try to eat healthy foods in proper amounts. I can't afford a gym membership so I've used old exercise tapes and go walking several miles almost everyday. No pills, powders, packaged meals, or expensive equipment... just a little effort.

I can't believe it's been a year and I've changed so much, not only in body but in mind. I used to be somewhat of a hermit, too ashamed to be seen in public. I missed so many fun times with friends and family because of feeling bad about myself and my weight.

I'm not at goal like I was hoping, but I'm pretty darn close and definitely proud of that. These last 20 lbs are proving to be very stubborn to lose! Here's hoping I make my goal post soon...

It's amazing how much can change in a year!

• You look GREAT! Awesome job! Well done!
  • What a transformation! you look amazing! Congratulations!
  • Excellent!
  • Great job! I can feel your sense of pride for your accomplishments. You look amazing, and I know you feel even better.
  • Absolutely incredible!!!!!
  • Looking great! You'll be at goal in absolutely no time!
  • Wow, u rock!
  • You are looking FANTASTIC!!!! Great job!
  • wow! great job!
  • You look terrific! Great job! Congratulations!!!
  • Kick a$$!!!!! Seriously, one year and you have done SO MUCH!

And the last pounds SUCK...blah! But keep working at it, they will come off!
  • thanks so much everyone! Now I'm super pumped to make goal!
  • You look amazing! You have such a cute petite figure! You go girl! What an inspiration you are! You'll be at goal in no time, keep going!
  • wow your doing great darling!!!! keep it up!!!