I ran my first full marathon today!

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Hi everyone,

Well, today I ran my first ever 26.2 miles. My time was 4:13:26. Much better than I expected. It was very windy here this morning, and humid. The good part was that the course was mainly flat. I was still able to walk and talk afterward, and I even push mowed the lawn this afternoon.

I remember reading success stories here about people who had run marathons and feeling incredibly envious, as that has always been a bucket list item for me. At 240 lbs. however, it was too overwhelming to get started. Now, with over 100 lbs. gone (for good), I can add my name to the list of people who have successfully followed a training plan and completed a marathon.

Today was an excellent day!!
  • Congratulations!!! What a great accomplishment, and a really good time too!
  • Congratulations! I have just started training for one, that is an awesome time!
  • Wow! Congratulations for reaching such an amazing goal.
  • WOW!!! Congratulations!

And holy canoli, you went and mowed the LAWN afterwards? You rock
  • Yay!

Tell us the details! Did you ever feel like you wanted to give up or like you simply could not take another step? What did you eat beforehand? Did you have any pain during or after? Were you allowed to listen to music?

Was it sunny?Was it cold?

I know I sound obnoxious, but I'd really like to know the specifics if you have time! I haven't yet ran a full marathon. I'm not sure if I want to.
  • Wow, that is incredible!! Great job!!
  • WOOHOO...This is soooo inspiring!!!! Please give us details...
  • how awesome is that? a marathon is on my bucket list too.
  • Way to go!

I'm hoping to run a half marathon next summer... scary!
  • Congratulations ... ... Inspiring ....
  • Congrats!
  • Congratulations!
  • Wow congrats! What an accomplishment.