I never dreamed it was possible!

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Six months ago I was nearly 300 pounds and sedentary. I never dreamed I could run more than four or five steps. I started working out in June by walking regularly. I would do intervals of sixty steps jogging, and felt like I was going to pass out as I came up to the 60th step. In August I joined a gym and began working out on the elliptical and stair machine along with the treadmill. In September I started running in my neighborhood on Sunday mornings. I remember the day I was able to jog one mile without stopping! I kept at it through October, increasing my distance until I was able to do over four miles without stopping.
    Today I ran my first 5k in 41:52. The course had several hills, but I did not stop jogging the entire race.
    I cannot tell you how proud I am and how inspired I am to keep going to bring that time down!
    Six months ago if you would have told me I would be running and enjoying it, I would have laughed at you. Anything is possible if you believe and don't give up!!!
  • That is so awesome! That's about how fast I run them too. I'm so happy for you!
  • Great job! I just ran 5k a couple of weeks ago, and I was unable to run even an 1/8th of a mile several months ago. Isn't it a great feeling to achieve such an accomplishment! Happy running!
  • Wow, girl! You are such an inspiration! Congratulations and keep it up!
  • Awesome! Keep going.

I keep a picture of me crossing the finish line of my first 5 km on the fridge. I look so happy and strong in that picture (and sweaty). I love it.
  • Fantastic job! I hate to run, but I walked a 5k recently and it was fun. You've made really amazing progress. Keep it up - we're proud of you!

Lin
  • That's Amazing!! Keep it up! It's so important to find something you love and running seems to be it for you! Congrats!
  • Congratulations and thank you.

This is such a timely post for me. I am running my first 5k race on Saturday. I am doing intervals of 1 min/ 1 min walk. I am finishing at 51 minutes now. I am so excited and so scared, my feelings are driving me crazy. To know how many other chicks have done this keeps me going and my head high.
  • Fantastic! Go you!
  • That is awesome!! Congratulations!
  • Yay!! That's awesome. You must be so proud.
  • That's fabulous!!! Congrats! I can't wait to reach that day myself!
  • Fantastic! That is awesome. GO YOU!
  • Simply great. But doesnt it take a toll on your knees? I was told you have to do elliptical and not jog till your weight is in normal range. Age could be a factor too. Pl consult your doctot. Good luck to you.
  • Quote: Simply great. But doesnt it take a toll on your knees? I was told you have to do elliptical and not jog till your weight is in normal range. Age could be a factor too. Pl consult your doctot. Good luck to you.
    Thanks and I do appreciate your concern. My doctor is all for me jogging. I've not had any knee pain so far, thank goodness!