178, JEAN-PROULX STREET
    SUITE 202
    GATINEAU (QUEBEC)
    J8Z 1V3

Phone: 819.772.4447
    Toll-free: 1 866.314.4447
    Fax: 819.772.0416
    E-mail: [email protected]

it was on the www.idealprotein.ca website....you're pm isn't working???

thanks.... I haven't been on here for 20 days yet so maybe that's why I can't get PM's?? not sure!
  • Frustrated
    Hi everyone...I don't know what's going on...per my scale I gained weight this week
    I know alot of you say not to weigh yourself but it's a habit I've always had when "dieting"...scale every morning!
    I feel soooo close to my goal but yet so far away!

I'm wondering if stress is somehow causing the weight to stay on...or maybe I've just got too comfortable and not paying attention to my measurements...I don't know...
    Any ideas?

17 more lbs...just 17 more...
  • Good evening all! I just checked my measurements and my pounds lost and inches lost are exactly the same! 43 1/2 pounds and 43 1/2 inches lost!!
  • Quote: can anyone from Canada let me know what they pay for a box of IP products?

I'm just curious as there is a lady in my town (the only one with IP actually) who is selling IP products for $36 a box. That seems high to me!

a friend of mine is going to meet with this lady tomorrow so I will no more then... she is not a coach though... her sister is an IP coach in a different province and apparently, she is signing up people under her.

thanks!
    Mine are 26 a box.
  • Wuv, congrats on hitting the 200's!! You totally rock, sister!!

Jelly Mae, you look so sweet in your new pic! What a difference from your other 2 pics! Congrats!
  • Quote: what else to do you have that is unlimited?
    My unlimited veggies are: algae, alfalfa, arugula, bell peppers, bean sprouts, cabbage (red, pak choi, bok choy), celery, cileriac, chicory, collards, cress, cucumbers, dill pickles, endive, fennel, field salad, green onions (raw), kale, kohlrabi, leeks, mushrooms, okra, hot peppers, radicchio, radish, rhubarb, rutabaga, sauerkraut, sorrel, spinach, swiss chard and water cress.

All the rest of the veggies are max 2 cuts per day, and then I have a list of occasional vegetables that you can have 2 cups per week and then of course the not permitted vegetables.
  • I have been on IP for 6 weeks. The first four weeks I lost 17 pounds and have not lost anything the last 2 weeks. I did move to Phase 2. I am working with someine directly at IP as my office is considering offering it here. He said I should continue to lose in Phase 2 since you are just replacing a packet with some protein, not to different from Phase 1. The only thing I can see that I have done differently is I have started to have a diet coke most days. When I talked to the IP giy he told me they reccomend not drinking soft drinks or crystal light but if you have some it should not affect your weight loss. Wuv - i did send him the thing you posted about drinking diet coke just to hear his thoughts.

The other thing I have gotten a little lacksidasical on is getting all of my vitamins in. I know we need them because we ate having such a resyrictuve diet, especially with virtually no calcium or dairy products, but I didnt think it would affect my weight loss. Can these two things not getting all the water in, having a diet coke, and not getting all the vitamins in really cause you to stall? I amgoing to give it a go and take the vitamins and try to stay away from diet coke ( I just started back to work two weeks ago, which is when I started picking up the diet coke in the afternoon, an old habit I look so forward t, I told my husband it is like an alcoholic going to a bar......most of the time he is gonna have a drink whichis what I have done beimg back at work in an old job I had.....enjoyed a year and a half at home with kids and just working 4 days a week)

Thoughts anyone? I will let you know what I hear from th IP man

Oh on another note, the IP guy did say in the past they have said move to phase 2 when you have reached 80 or 90 % but now they are encoyraging either 90 or closer to goal, because even though they tell us we will gain 3-5 pounds back when we add carbs to fill our glycogen reserves, everyone forgets and is disappointed, so if you can go throught phase 2 or 3 a few pounds under your goal it is helpful for when you gain a couple back
  • I made for the first time tonight the turnip fries. OMG, those were great!
  • Quote: I have been on IP for 6 weeks. The first four weeks I lost 17 pounds and have not lost anything the last 2 weeks. I did move to Phase 2. I am working with someine directly at IP as my office is considering offering it here. He said I should continue to lose in Phase 2 since you are just replacing a packet with some protein, not to different from Phase 1. The only thing I can see that I have done differently is I have started to have a diet coke most days. When I talked to the IP giy he told me they reccomend not drinking soft drinks or crystal light but if you have some it should not affect your weight loss. Wuv - i did send him the thing you posted about drinking diet coke just to hear his thoughts.

The other thing I have gotten a little lacksidasical on is getting all of my vitamins in. I know we need them because we ate having such a resyrictuve diet, especially with virtually no calcium or dairy products, but I didnt think it would affect my weight loss. Can these two things not getting all the water in, having a diet coke, and not getting all the vitamins in really cause you to stall? I amgoing to give it a go and take the vitamins and try to stay away from diet coke ( I just started back to work two weeks ago, which is when I started picking up the diet coke in the afternoon, an old habit I look so forward t, I told my husband it is like an alcoholic going to a bar......most of the time he is gonna have a drink whichis what I have done beimg back at work in an old job I had.....enjoyed a year and a half at home with kids and just working 4 days a week)

Thoughts anyone? I will let you know what I hear from th IP man

Oh on another note, the IP guy did say in the past they have said move to phase 2 when you have reached 80 or 90 % but now they are encoyraging either 90 or closer to goal, because even though they tell us we will gain 3-5 pounds back when we add carbs to fill our glycogen reserves, everyone forgets and is disappointed, so if you can go throught phase 2 or 3 a few pounds under your goal it is helpful for when you gain a couple back
    Are you close to your goal weight? Personally if it were me I would make sure I get all of my water in, stay away from the diet coke as aspartame does effect some people's weight loss (I remember that advice from my Atkins day) and take all of your vitamins. In other words, do the plan 100% and see if that makes a difference. At the office I weigh in at they say stay on phase one till you are 90%. Good luck!
  • Quote: My unlimited veggies are: algae, alfalfa, arugula, bell peppers, bean sprouts, cabbage (red, pak choi, bok choy), celery, cileriac, chicory, collards, cress, cucumbers, dill pickles, endive, fennel, field salad, green onions (raw), kale, kohlrabi, leeks, mushrooms, okra, hot peppers, radicchio, radish, rhubarb, rutabaga, sauerkraut, sorrel, spinach, swiss chard and water cress.

All the rest of the veggies are max 2 cuts per day, and then I have a list of occasional vegetables that you can have 2 cups per week and then of course the not permitted vegetables.
    Make sure you are reading your sheet correctly. These are all on my sheet as Vegetables:
    Select (then all of the veggies you listed)

If you look at the top of your sheet in the blue section you will see UNLIMITED LETTUCE. That is the ONLY thing listed on my sheet as UNLIMITED.

Am I wrong about this? someone else please chime in here.

I have attached the sheet I follow and it does NOT say the veggies you listed are unlimited. They are listed as what we are allowed as our 4 cups of veggies a day

• Quote: Make sure you are reading your sheet correctly. These are all on my sheet as Vegetables:

If you look at the top of your sheet in the blue section you will see UNLIMITED LETTUCE. That is the ONLY thing listed on my sheet as UNLIMITED.

No... You are correct... Unlimited Lettuce. And the veggies that she listed, we can have 2 cups each meal. and restricted veggies 2x a week!
  • Quote: No... You are correct... Unlimited Lettuce. And the veggies that she listed, we can have 2 cups each meal. and restricted veggies 2x a week!
    That is what I thought but wanted to make sure. I went and found the phase 1 sheet and attached it! Thanks
  • Congrats Wuv2bloved on getting in the 200s And thanks for mentioning the veggie cheese.

My faithful scale is broke. I am thinking of sending it back to the company when I find my warranty. I'm going to miss it and have to find somewhere to weigh or get another one. I am fitting better into old clothes so that is good. Hopefully my chin starts to go down soon.
  • Quote: Make sure you are reading your sheet correctly. These are all on my sheet as Vegetables:

I see what you are saying about the blue box and will check with my coach on Friday. But she did tell me those select vegetables I typed in above were unlimited, and there are about five on the select list that I didn't mention above are a max of 2 cups per days. Either way I know I'm fine because I never have more than 2 cups of any of the allowed vegetables at either lunch or dinner anyway. But will still check with her to clarify anyway.
  • Quote: I see what you are saying about the blue box and will check with my coach on Friday. But she did tell me those select vegetables I typed in above were unlimited, and there are about five on the select list that I didn't mention above are a max of 2 cups per days. Either way I know I'm fine because I never have more than 2 cups of any of the allowed vegetables at either lunch or dinner anyway. But will still check with her to clarify anyway.
    Do you have the same sheet as I posted?