October Feathers Chat

You're on Page 3 of 8
Go to
  • I've come down with the worst flu ever! Just in time for Thanksgiving and my boyfriends return from Washington, DC (where he works). I don't know whether this will help or hiner my weight loss. I still have 2 dinners I'm going to try and make it to.

My scale has been stuck for a week at 144..really hoping it'll budge soon

Ivonnely, I haven't run since a major knee injury 2 years ago. But I agree doing 2 minutes of jogging and 2 minutes of walking is the best way to start. It probably took me about 6 weeks to be able to run for 30minutes straight. I hated it at first, but then I loved it! Plus I was in great shape, I gained 20lbs since my knee injury.
  • Hi all, happy weekend.

Ugh, Lisa. That doesn't sound fun. Hope you're feeling better by Monday. I wish our Thanksgiving fell in October, although that's probably mostly that I want another day off from work.

I'm still muddling along. My weight has been about the same for a few months, and my clothes that were all fitting loosely are back to tight. Time to take this seriously again.

I went to the farmer's market this morning and bought a ton of healthy things, so that's good. Some big yummy salads are in my future.
  • Thanks ann71! I feel way better now. I love farmer's markets!
  • All right, I saw 140 on the scale this morning after an overindulgent weekend in NYC and that was more than enough to scare me into getting serious again. My goal is to see 132 by my friend's wedding on November 11. I suspect within a couple days I'll be down to 136-137 so we'll see, but eugh. My body is a MESS! Good clean eating at loss levels (today was under 1400) for the foreseeable future. As for running/exercise...I just need to DO IT!
  • Hoping I can feel like a real feather soon! I need some better cooking habits... I feel so lazy when it comes to it. I'd probably be at goal by now if I actually enjoyed cooking.

Krampus: If you think 132 is attainable shoot for it!! You can do it! I wouldn't feel bad after one weekend of eating in NYC! There are a lot of great foods to try there.
  • Just popping in to say hi -- I've been wicked sick, but the upside is that I have no appetite, so this past weekend was the first in a LONG time that I haven't gorged myself on food. I ate below maintenance.

122.8lbs today, I think that .8 is water from sodium in all the soup I've been eating.

Hope everyone is doing well!
  • I agree, it's OK to enjoy your self while you're in NY!
    I had a rough weekend, so much eating and I'm stuck at 145
    I had a physical today and found out I'm taller than i though I was though
    so that's good!
  • Today was a busy day - exercise was minimal (unless sex counts HA) and eating was very heavy on the apples, but not overdone. I went apple picking with my friend, enjoyed the beautiful weather and he baked me a pie. The fall foliage is peaking and everywhere looks gorgeous.

Here's what I've had today to eat:

-bites of various kinds of apples in the orchard, half of which were spat out
    -355 ml of apple cider (yum!)
    -spinach/feta egg white omelet and some home fries and 1/4 slice of dry wheat toast at a diner
    -2 tiny apples
    -a small slice of pie with a couple bites of Jarlsberg cheese

I really couldn't tell you how many calories it was, but I still feel hungry so I think I'm doing it right. How's everyone enjoying fall?

Dorian - get better! Sorry you've been ill, I hope you feel well again soon. Nicely done on the not gorging though I suppose that was hardly your choice. :P

lilies - thanks for the words of encouragement What have you tried cooking? Sometimes it pays off to make a big batch of something in one sitting to "get it over with" so to speak.

Lisa - congrats on the growing! I hate when weekends feel out of control but I went from 155 to like 125 last year eating badly every weekend, you'll be ok!
  • krampus: congrats on getting back down to your current weight! That's an accomplishment!

Ugh another bad day..
    2 muffins
    small fries
    healthy dinner of quinoa, veggies and shrimp...

My boyfriends in town (we live together but he's away at work in DC half the time) and I've been eating sooo much worse! Bakery for breakfast and pub food for dinner..it's just terrible! Hoping I can get back on track tomorrow.

Feel better Dorian
  • People are getting sick I hope you guys feel better soon.

Took a mia from the forums, I went to 1 hot yoga session with my mom. We only stayed for an hr but man that totally kicked my ***. I was shaking and literally dripping wet afterwards. I did good this long weekend and kept my calorie low. Today morning weigh in at 119

Hopefully this week will be a good week. Been very busy with school and work.
  • Thanks for all the well wishes, I'm slowly getting over this virus or whatever the heck it is, now I'm just drippy. Gross!

I had a food victory last night -- My boyfriend and I went to Chili's. I had a beer, a small handful of chips and salsa, and then I ordered the chicken fajitas and just had the chicken and veggies, no tortillas or guac or cheese or sour cream. I clocked in at 1350 calories for the day yesterday. I was so proud of myself! Sodium was out of this world, so the scale didn't go down, but I know I did well.

krampus - apple picking sounds like so much fun! Sex had better be an exercise, otherwise I'm not getting any exercise at all lately. And I LOVE your new picture, you are just so freakin' gorgeous.

LisaTcan - Glad you're feeling better as well! Boyfriends make healthy eating harder, don't they? Mmm, I love quinoa, yum!

Ivonnely - Hot yoga is serious business, I'm impressed with you AND your mom! Congrats on 199, that's fantastic!!

Keep it up, everyone!
  • Hey guys! I totally second what Krampus said about losing weight by eating not so well on the weekends, and really well during the week. That worked for me too. Yesterday I ate really well, and the end total for the day was 1300 calories. Usually I don't go that low, but the day before I ate like crap so...at least it kind of balanced out. I'm hoping to continue that. I ate two eggs and a little wheat cereal for breakfast (350 calories total) and I'm hoping to continue on that trend for the rest of the day (i.e. eating well).

Dorian, nice work! When I eat out I usually just say to heck with it and eat what I want, even though that's not a wise thing to do.

Ivonnely, way to go! 119?! Can't wait to see that number myself one day!

Lisa, I know what you mean about eating not so well when you're with a guy. I am totally more likely to eat better if I'm not around my husband....but that doesn't make much sense since he doesn't go crazy over sweets like I do. I think when I'm around him I'm happier and more optimistic so I think, "hey, eating <insert crappy food here> won't hurt me!".

Krampus, nice work on the calories. And I think that even if you had gone wild eating apples, it probably wouldn't do you any harm :0)
  • Yeah weekends kill me, I can generally stick to my plan on the week days but I always end up going over with brunch and dinners and drinks on the weekends!

Ivonnely - congrats on getting down to 119, that's amazing!! I can't even image seeing that number.

Dorian - Impressive dinner out that's always tough!

Pink Runner - Yeah, I always am more relaxed and content when he's home so I just kinda go for it.
    Really going to try to get back on track though.

Krampus - beautiful new picture!
  • Hi Girls!

Just comitting to being back again! I've basically "fell off the wagon" for the past month due to college and other stress. Thankfully I've not gained any weight. But have to totally start watching my nutrients again (been eating so many carbs, it cant be healthy!) and get to excersising again.

Will catch up later! Hope you girls are well.

x
  • Sorry about the broken English, virus is driving me dizzy.

A little update: Scale clocked in today at 116.6. I didn't want to believe it so I just put down 117 instead, lol. I've been seriously sick..no appetite at all and just running nose and miserable all day. I haven't had anything solid for 2 days because of my illness but I try to drink as much water as I can and eat plenty of fruit.

I have a question for your girls who have unsupportive family members. I go to bed at 9:00-9:30 everyday because I have to wake up early for work and school so I don't want to eat anything after 4pm. My mom always makes dinner right around 7:30 and I HATE the feeling of going to bed with a stomach full of food. I haven't been eating her dinner and she got very very upset with me. She have been telling me to stop dieting since I hit 130, she said I look sick and need to gain 10 pounds. Ever since I got to the 110s she's been nailing me around, getting upset with me everytime she sees me and tells me I look like a walking skeleton. I don't plan on harsh dieting since I am happy at where I am but I just don't want to suddenly eat like a pig so I can gain back all the weight I tried so hard to lose. I can't communicate with her because everytime I try to, she ends the conversation by saying "You never listen to me!" I am really torn and I just want my family to enjoy the new me.

I've been obese ever since childhood so I think she is used to the image of me being fat and used to the idea of always weighing less than me, she have been extremely unsuccessful in her dieting.Do you guys think it has anything to do with her attitude towards me?

----------------

Dorian5: GRATS on the victory in chilli's I know whenever I see their commercial back when I was in the states, I always drool a little.

LisaTcan
    : I really dread the weekend as well. My mom ALWAYS try to sabotage me by either being extremely pissed at me for not eating or bring us out to restaurant then get extremely pissed at me for ordering a salad.

krampus
    : You look BEAUTIFUL! I love your new profile picture <3

philana: WELCOME BACK!!! *girl hug*

BTW some pictures to share with you all <3