Hi!! I'm a newbie

• All of you are encouraging and supportive of each other.

I am a single mom of two boys, ages 10 & 11. I had been thin all of my life until my marriage broke up 9 years ago. I work full time. I am the sole support of my sons. During the past 9 years I have gained 90 lbs.

I finally decided I need to do something, as I was so disgusted with the way I looked and felt. I hated to shop because even if I could find clothes to fit me, they did'nt look very good on me.

I am now going to start doing for me. I haven't had a date in 9 years, and I think I need to start exploring this part of my life also.
    But first, I need to feel better about myself first.

I am trying to do this on my own, I just started last week. I am trying a vegetarian diet (I don't care for meat anyway). Low fat of course.

I haven't been really exercising, as it is so cold right now in the east, and I really want to walk.

It's very nice to meet all of you.

Current weight - 212 (as of 1/25/03)
  • Sharri - WELCOME!!! Taking better care of ourselves is the single best thing that we can do for oursleves. You have come to the right place if you are looking for support. These girls are the best!

Feel free to jump right in! Check out the Februray points challenge - you might be interested!!
  • Welcome. I've been here almost a month. Check out the profiles at the top of the list to learn a bit more about us.
  • Welcome to our little group
  • Welcome to our group, hope you'll be able to find the support you need here.
  • Welcome!

Miss Chris
  • Welcome, Sharri! Pick a thread & jump in!
  • welcome!
    Welcome Sharri,

You will find much support here! Glad you're here. Please post often!

Take care,
    Sherry
  • Welcome Sharri,,

Hope you like it here as much as we all do! Feel free to post often and ask as many questions you need to ! We are all nice and supportive.

Bella23
  • Welcome aboard Sharri. You'll like it here.
  • Welcome Sharri
  • Hi Sharri!

I'm so glad you're here. I'm looking forward to seeing you around the board,

Angi