Need some motivation and support

• Hi Everyone,

I am a single mother of 2 young children both beautiful little girls. I work full time and by the time I get home I am exhausted. I bought the Zumba DVD's off the tv, I have started doing that in the evenings when I am able too. Its just really difficult to get motivated when all I wanna do is crash when I get home. I want to be a good role model for my girls and lose the weight so that I will be around a long time for them. Guess Im just looking for someone on here to chat with about different things regarding weight loss and fitness..if your interested hit me up

Thanks

Kristie
  • How old are your girls? Maybe try doing the dvd's with them, I have a 2 1/2 year old and he loves doing any "essersizing" with me, particularly when he can jump or dance around . . . . .

Stick around here, you'll find lots of support and lots of help along the way.

And . . . KUDOS to you for wanting to be a healthy role model for your girls
  • My girls are 1 and 8, my oldest loves to do Zumba with me the 1 year old wants me to hold her lol. So sometimes its just crazy Thank you for your support and I hope I can lose the weight. Congrats on your weight loss also.

Kristie
  • Quote: How old are your girls? Maybe try doing the dvd's with them, I have a 2 1/2 year old and he loves doing any "essersizing" with me, particularly when he can jump or dance around . . . . .
    What a wonderful idea!!! What better way to be a role model for them than to teach them about regular "essersizing"
  • sweetgyrl to 3FC, this is a great place for support. I think it's great you want to be a good role model for your children. I am doing my best to do the same. I have two kids too. Although they are much older (11 & 15) I still try to get them involved in exercise and better eating habits. Believe it or not, even at this age, seeing mom do the right thing is teaching them. I wish you all the best.
  • my 7 year old boy loves to exercise with me and also, to watch me exercise. He gets mad if I use the Wii after he's in bed because then he doesn't get to watch! lol!

I'd say to try to set the 1 year old with an activity right near by - maybe a snack to keep her busy? And then Zumba with your 8 year old! my son is very active by nature and is underweight, but I still think it's great when we give our kids the message that activity like this is a regular part of daily life.

The other alternative - one which I haven't currently been able to do myself! - is to get up early in the morning and work out while your kids are still sleeping.