Anime enthuiasts?

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • I was wondering if there was anyone else on here that loves anime! I used to watch it all the time and want to find some new series to watch! I like animes like Kimi ni todoke, Honey and Clover, Nodame Cantabile, Haibani Renmei, Mushishi, Ghost Hunt, Ayatsuri Sakon the Puppet Master....
  • I love anime!

Or well...I did. I haven't watched a new series in a while. I fell behind in grad school. My little brother recently got into anime and recommended a bunch of series on netflix for me.

My favorites are Fullmetal Alchemist, Trigun and Ranma˝.
  • I just rewatched Trigun a couple weeks ago. I forgot how much I liked that show. Have you seen Baccano?
  • Nope! I haven't heard of that one I'll have to look it up.

Trigun's awesome, isn't it? I'm not really sure what exactly I love about that show, but I can always go back and rewatch it again and again. I have fond memories of sneaking into the basement when I was 15 to watch it on adult swim.
  • I used to be a pretty big anime/manga fan back in middle school & through high school (that's starting 15-16 years ago).

I do still catch a few shows online every once in a while. If you're looking for recent, Gosick is one of the better new ones I've seen.

My all-time favorite will always be Sailor Moon, though. I don't even regret that time I cosplayed as Sailor Jupiter. Fond memories. Even if I completely stopped watching anime or reading manga altogether, I will always love that show.
  • ooo cosplay! That is one of my weight loss motivators

I've cosplayed as Edward Elric from Fullmetal Alchemist, Milly from Trigun, Inuyasha from...Inuyasha, A random Pokémon Trainer, A Shinigami from Bleach, Link from Zelda..and a couple more I probably can't remember. I used to go to conventions quite a bit.

I have a list of cosplays I want to do once I hit goal.
  • I used to really love anime. It has to be in Japanese though with English subtitles. I hate, hate, hate dubbing.

My favorites are:
    Sailor Moon (all of them)
    Fuushigi Yuugi
    Fruits Basket
    Ah, My Goddess!
    Chobits
    Vampire Princess Miyu
    Ouran High School Host Club
    Ayashi no Ceres
  • I've never cosplayed but I do like EGL! I just bought a couple Fruits Basket dvd and I own Ouran too! I must watch the Fuushigi Yuugi. My friend told me it was a good series. I'm not a fan of dubbing either unless I saw the show dubbed when I was younger.
  • I watch Death Note every day, even though I've already seen it. I love the deep vibe of it. My all time favorites are Ah! My Goddess, Death Note, Spiral, and FLCL. Has anyone here seen FLCL?
  • I have seen FLCL! I just bought Spiral but haven't watched it yet. I'm now excited to watch. I like the live action Death Note. Have you seen that? I need to watch the anime movie of Death Note.
  • I used to be much more into anime than I am now, but I still go to an occasional con and it's something my boyfriend and I like to watch. Sailor Moon is my favorite, but when I was younger I was really into InuYasha. I've seen a lot of stuff from FLCL, Death Note, Yu Yu Hakusho, some Gundam & mecha series... kind of all over. Yuu Watase and Ai Yazawa are two of my favorite manga/anime authors in particular.

Ok that sounded super random but I'm just in an all over the place state of mind right now.
  • So who had to watch FLCL multiple times to understand it? *raises hand*
  • Raises hand* I'm not even sure I still understand it and apparently the anime series is different from the manga...

OOOoo I own some Yu yu hakusho!!! I'm not a big fan of Sailor Moon I used to be when I was younger but then all the new stuff came out and I stopped watching it. Maybe I will try looking at it again.
  • I've never read the FLCL manga. I'll have to try that

I really miss Sailor Moon. I started watching it again a few years ago but didn't finish. That's another one I have fond memories of as a child
  • Ai Yazawa is Nana, right? Oh my gosh I LOVE Nana. Such a great manga series. I also read the first 24 AhMGs and all the petshop of horrors.