20/20 tonight

• Here is a link:

http://abcnews.go.com/Sections/2020/index.html

Anyone else watching this?
  • Eeek.... I'm still dead-set on doing it on my own. Even more so now, actually. I don't want heart disease, diabetes, sleep apnea, cancer... ETC. ETC. ETC. I'm so scared now. Peace. -Apryl
  • Yes, I saw that. It's scary what's happening to our kids. And I think most of the time, we are doing it to them. In the grocery store yesterday, DH wanted to but a "doughnut w/sprinkles" on it for Jacob for breakfast this morning. I had to explain to him that if we aren't eating doughnuts then neither is Jacob. His is learning his habits now. Doughnuts will not be a regular part of our lives. I'm doing this change so that Jacob will learn good habits not bad habits like I have. Also, I like that I am still eating real food, just less of it. This way there are no complaints about eating "diet" food. Well...ok, I still get complaints about no real butter, but he is just going to have to get over it!!
  • Yeah 20/20 made me very sad. 14 yrs old getting surgery.

One thing I thought was interesting was the mother of the 2 girls who got the surgery said "if you see what we are eating, its not more than anyone else". Of course this was after the girls had already said they binged on high calorie foods.
  • Someone said it best on another board: "microwave mentality." We, as a society, are getting to the point where we need instant everything. No one's willing to work for it anymore.
  • It is much easier to microwave something or buy something at the store. I'm still getting used to checking on my fresh fruits/veggies I have and cooking whatever is older and then going to the store twice a week for veggies. It takes work but it is worth it.
  • Sandi - Do you think he was buying it for Jacob or to have around for himself? I've noticed that I'll buy something for my boyfriend at the grocery store and realize in the checkout line that he doesn't even like it but I wanted it!!! HA!