Protein Powder

• I need another recommendation! Protein powder! This weekend was so busy and I was barely able to squeeze in my workouts, but our fridge and pantry were devoid of anything resembling protein (we totally needed to go shopping, but didn't have the time all weekend!). I worked out anyway, but I basically ate nothing but carbs and fats from noon on Saturday through today...yuck! I figured if I buy a thing of protein powder for those times where I either have no source of food protein or don't have enough time to prepare something like chicken or beans, I can make myself a quick shake or something.

Does anyone have recommendations for a good brand of protein powder?
  • ISO Pure Whey Protein
    and Casein Protien
  • I use Jay Robb brand of isowhey protein powder.

You might want to search Consumer Reports for an analysis they did of powders, revealing that some have heavy metals in them. As far as I know the Jay Robb brand is a good one.
  • I like Designer Whey. It's not super expensive and it comes in different flavors.
  • just watch for the hidden cals... ie; carbs and fat, to m,ake it taste good
    thats why i like iso pure.. its 100% protein.. no added carbs
  • That's what I'm looking for mkroyer. I figure if I need to I'll add my own flavorings...at least that way I can track the additional calories I put in it!

Thanks everyone!