A bit of an NSV...

• tonight my husband and i went to a birthday party for a friend of mine. she's got a pool. we were playing in the pool and he said "get on my back, i want to try to lift you"... last time he tried i was 50 pounds heavier.

today he lifted me up piggy-back and walked around in the pool, and was like "okay, so a little water buoyancy, but i did it!"... he grinned so big when i told him i was only in the pool from my knees down.

my thighs, butt, and waist up were all out of the pool and he was carrying me around.

he couldn't do that before. i was so happy!
  • Yaaye, congrats!
  • What a fun NSV! Congratulations to you!
  • That's exciting and sounds incredibly fun, Mandy! I'm really glad to hear that you enjoyed yourself so much this weekend! Life's just not worth living if we can't enjoy ourselves a bit...
  • Aww, how awesome
  • thanks ya'll

couched in this NSV is another...

the fact that i was in a pool, in a bathing suit, in front of people i know. and allowing photos! okay. the photos were probably because was comfortably wrapped in my alcohol haze, BUT, i didn't protest. and apparently i looked good. i was told i looked "curvy and sexy not lumpy and gross" after i complained about it. yay me!
  • I am lovin both NSVs. That is awesome.
  • Aw, yay! Good job!
  • Way to go! I read your post in the August Rush thread - it sounds like a good time was had by all!

Keep up the fantastic work. I think NSV's are the best motivators.

Lin
  • Wonderful NSVs. Sounds like fun.