Cooked lettuce

• Often when i stirfry some veggies, i'll add lettuce leaves in there and they end up to almost nothing and i was wondering would it still count as having lettuce or it would've lost all the good stuff (i usually stir fry using 1tsp soya sauce with 1/4c of water).
  • Quote: Often when i stirfry some veggies, i'll add lettuce leaves in there and they end up to almost nothing and i was wondering would it still count as having lettuce or it would've lost all the good stuff (i usually stir fry using 1tsp soya sauce with 1/4c of water).
    Lettuce doesn't count, unlimited. So I'm thinking it's fine raw or cooked?
  • Quote: Lettuce doesn't count, unlimited. So I'm thinking it's fine raw or cooked?
    I mean can i count it as having had lettuce as we have to have some at every meal or is there so little in it after its cooked that i still would need to have fresh one.
  • Quote: I mean can i count it as having had lettuce as we have to have some at every meal or is there so little in it after its cooked that i still would need to have fresh one.
    you don't HAVE to have lettuce, but it helps to keep things moving. You can eat as little or as much as you'd like. also, it's like spinach in that it cooks down so much, but when spinach cooks down to nothing, it still counts as your cup or 2 of veggies - pre-cooked weight. so honestly, it's up to you how much you want to eat every day.
  • Lettuce has little nutrition anyway. Better to add a bit of cabbage, kale, or spinach.