Hi, I am New

• Well I joined a few months back but was not ready to start my journey. I am out from behind the blanket now....I am nearly 300 lbs, 295 lbs to be exact. Depressed because of it? Yes! I am going on my journey and understand now that it will take a long time but if I take it day by day, pound by pound, it will eventually come off. So, I am looking forward to getting support, giving support, and just sharing my journey with everyone
  • Sounds like you have a great attitude. It can be done and don't be shy to ask questions and share your goals as you hit them!
  • Welcome! You certainly have the right mindset. I keep reminding myself my weight didn't happen over night it's not going to come off overnight. Glad you are here
  • Thanks everyone. I gained all this weight over a time period of 11 years so I know that I need to atleast give myself a good couple of years to take it off I am okay with that, as long as it eventually comes off.
  • MommyAndWifey, how cool of you to jump into this crazy journey to health with us! Choosing health isn't just a wise thing to do for you, it's also a wonderful gift to give your kids and your spouse. And you will be teaching your kids about good choices, good nutrition and the power of "I can!"

Now, you are, of course, really a mommy and a wife, but do you know what else you REALLY are?

You are a FAT-BUSTING, TAKE-NO-PRISONERS, HARD-HITTING WOMAN OF MIGHT! You are equipped with CUNNING to trick those FatMeanies into leaving you, diamond-edged DETERMINATION to mow down any obstacle stupid enough to get in your way and JOY enough to ensure that a lot of fun ensues between now and goal. With all that going on, you are going to be a great addition to our ranks and will help us trample pounds of fat beneath our sexy, stilletto-heeled feet. Glad you joined us!

• I really couldn't give a better welcome than Skinny so I'll just ditto what she said!
  • And I, too, will ditto Skinny's comment! You're in great company here. And you just might find how quickly you can make things happen with exercise and proper eating! I was totally surprised with how quickly I started losing once I put my mind to it. You'll find lots of support in here! Welcome to the group.

Lin
  • The desire to change is the first step!

Next is come back in the morning and tell us what your plans are for the day!
    what you'll eat and what you'll do to move yourself more!

Here starts the New You!

• welcome!!
  • Welcome to you.

Good luck. Together we CAN do this.
  • m&w - Welcome!!! You have the perfect attitude, I know you can do this. Everyone here has been great...it is a wonderful place to turn to for inspiration and to give inspiration.
  • I will also ditto what Skinny said! So glad you're here, this is a fantastic place to get and give support.
  • We're glad to have you and will be here to help. One thing to remember that I'm sure you have heard about other things, but is also true about weight loss: there is no such thing as a stupid question. Don't be afraid to come here and ask for advice or to ask questions about something you don't understand. We're all in this together and chances are if you have a question or are going through some particular problem there is someone here who has been there, done that.
  • Welcome to 3FC!
  • Welcome! You have a great attitude. It did not come on in one year and it is so much better to take it off slowly. I have finally came to grips with that. So you are ahead of the game with your attitude!!