Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 03-06-2005, 08:04 PM   #1  

Default HI I am new and looking for a buddy

Hi, I am new and looking for a buddy. I am getting married in July and would like to lose 20-30 pounds. I am doing weight watchers. I plan to start tomorrow. I also would like to start working out 4 times a week. I would like to meet someone who can encourage me and vice versa. Hope to talk to you soon !
Old 03-06-2005, 08:25 PM   #2  

Smile New too!!

I'm new too and am looking to share tips and encouragement.
I need to lose 45 pounds and am planning to start my diet
tommorrow. I also bought a treadmill over the weekend and am
anxious to start a regular routine. Now if all of that was just
as easy as I just made it sound.
Old 03-07-2005, 04:02 AM   #3  

Hi, congrats on the upcoming wedding. If I can help @ all, please let me know. I have followed weight watchers for a few years. I don't know how much time I'll have to be online, but I'll be glad to do what I can!

hugs and good luck
Old 03-07-2005, 07:38 PM   #4  

Hey there,
I'm joined last week I'd love to be your buddy.I've got 40 pounds to lose.I've joined weightwatchers and just started in the gym.Congrats on the WEDDING .If you need any help or support I'll be here for you.Take care,
Old 03-07-2005, 09:40 PM   #5  

Hey ladies,
I am so excited that you have replied to me. It is so nice to have someone understand how hard it is to lose weight. Trina what kind of diet are you going on? Tubby could you let me know your name, I feel funny calling you Tubby. I have not joined weight watchers but I have the point books from when I have done them in the past. My problem is not normally during the day but eating at night. I also am not very motivated to work out at the gym especially because I tend to get sick within a week of beginning. Any suggestions I would love to hear them!!!
Old 03-08-2005, 10:08 AM   #6  
One day at a time!

Height: 5'4"

Default Hi all!

I am looking for a buddy as well--or how about a group of buddies? The more the merrier!

I followed WW in the past--and still have my books. I actually loved the program--to me it is the only one that makes sense. I still use what I learned about the program before, but am not actually going to any meetings this time around--but I am using what I know and learned. Actually a great website for WW points is www.dwlz.com--check it out! It was created by a WW member who has kept her weight off for quite some time--and she has all the restaurant points calculated on the website and regularly updates that info.

Obviously this isn't my first attempt to getting healthy and losing this extra tire around my middle! But I have decided to not beat myself up--and take all my attempts before as lessons learned. And I do think I really have learned a lot, and know myself much better then the first time I ever tried to lose weight. I believe that one day I will be one of those success stories I read about in the magazines....so why not this time around!!!? Anyone care to join me? I would love to keep chatting and motivating each other!
Old 03-08-2005, 02:58 PM   #7  

Hi Karen,
I have done really well with weight watchers. I have lost 35 pounds before and kept it off for about 2 years and then I got comfortable and put them back on. I have been up and down for most of my life. So now I would like to be able to keep it off for good. I am getting married in July and want to be able to fit my dress. I also am thinking about having kids in a couple of years and don't want to be big when that time comes. I hope that the emails will help keep me motivated. In weight watchers I always felt that I had to stay on track because other people would ask me about how much I have lost. Then I would feel bad if I didn't lose anything because I knew deep down inside it was my choices that kept the pounds on. I sometimes need someone to keep me in check. If you need any help let me know. I know that I will need some help with the motivation, especially the exercising. When are you beginning your ww? Good luck!! I'll talk to you later.

Michelle
Old 03-08-2005, 03:22 PM   #8  
One day at a time!

Hi Michelle,

I am not actually officially on WW this time around...but using what I know from being on it before. Plus I frequently think in terms of points--and try to keep this in mind when balancing my eating for the day. Every time I try a new food--I stop and think about how many points it has. I am trying to eat 5 to 6 times a day--with mini-meals to keep my blood sugar level to fight off the afternoon and night time munchies that have been known to do me in the past! It seems to be working okay so far! Plus I have been starting to exercise--I actually did a water aerobics class last night! That was something I had never done before. It was actually fun! So little by little I am trying to make changes in the right direction.

You said you have had problems working out at the gym...did you over do it? or is there some other reason?

I am taking it a day at time and easing into it. I am going to do something active everyday--whether it be walking around the block, dancing in my living room for a couple songs (that's a funny sight!) or doing an actual class.

What kinds of activities are you thinking of doing/or are doing? Are you following WW?
Old 03-08-2005, 04:32 PM   #9  

Smile You all sound just like ME!

Hello Sweetooth, Trina and any other new person! I just joined this group today, Tuesday, and I am (yet again) re-committing to Weight Watchers this week and just went back to my local gym on Monday.
So I am again, ready to fight the battle of the bulge! I was so...close to my WW goal 2 years ago and then got too sure of myself and enjoyed the goodies I missed, and back into my "fat clothes" I am.
So, we make a fresh start and move head! I got married 2 years ago and recall how hectic it was to make plans and please everyone, the pressure to look great walking down the aisle does help keep you counting the WW points though!
Best to everyone, I named myself LuckyGal, because I am lucky to have found this website and know that everyday before I start work or when I have a goodie craving, I can find others who feel the same way, and that will help make the day or evening ahead better!
Old 03-09-2005, 12:37 PM   #10  

Hi Ladies,

I have been staying on WW. I feel like I have been doing good. I think emailing you guys has helped. Karen, I seem to get sick everytime I start to go to the gym. I am not sure why. I liked to do the eliptical trainer--I want get myself going again. I am also hoping to get a puppy in a week or two, so I would like to start walking my dog. Luckygal, I understand how you feel to be in your fat clothes that is how I feel. I just boxed up my skinny clothes. I am hoping to be back in those soon. I will talk to you guys soon.
Old 03-09-2005, 01:13 PM   #11  
One day at a time!

Default Feeling good today!

Hi Michelle (SweetTooth), Luckygal and all who venture here!

How is everyone doing today? I am feeling good after a long night staying up to write a paper! I go to school online--plus I work full time, so never a dull moment!

I was really tired when I first got up, came in to work--but am feeling rejuvinated. I think it may be the fruit smoothie I got for myself at a place called Tropical Smoothie. It is only 2 points! So I am really liking that! I love it when I find foods I enjoy that are low in points! I am always checking out the www.dwlz.com website to see how much points are worth at different places. It is a great resource. I think I mentioned that already--but I can't tell you how handy it is when I am trying to decide what to order from the local eateries.

Tonight I am going to go to the water aerobics class at my local YMCA. I went on Monday and really enjoyed it. The only part that is a pain is the extra time to get in and out of the pool, change, etc. Plus my daughter takes karate while I take my class--so it works out pretty good for us.

Michelle--if you get that puppy it will be a motivator to walk...I have two dogs and frequently walk them. They LOVE walks! If they could talk I am sure we would be walking constantly! I can't wait till the weather gets nicer so I can get outdoors even more. Right now, it has been off and on flurries with snow. Sometimes its just too cold to go outside!

Luckygal--are you going to WW meetings? How is everything going?

Looking forward to chatting more. We can do this!
Old 03-09-2005, 03:11 PM   #12  

Hey all,Hey sweetooth
How are ye doing.(it ok to call me Tubby it's a nickname from before I gained weight if your not comfortable with it Maria will do)I'm on weight watchers as well and I'm in the gym .So all going well.I find it hard to gewt through the evening that's my hardest time.I've just moved here too soo life is different.Good luck all
Maria

Last edited by Tubby; 03-09-2005 at 03:13 PM.
Old 03-09-2005, 09:04 PM   #13  
One day at a time!

Hi Tubby (Maria),

You are not alone in finding the evenings the hardest. That is usually the hardest part of the day for me as well. I try to chew gum and drink ice water (or I like to put a bottled water in the freezer for about an hour to allow it to get very cold). And if I still have the urge after waiting a half an hour or more, I choose a healthy snack--like baked tostidas with salsa. I think that is about 2 points. Or maybe if I have a sweet tooth, I have a fat free chocolate pudding with fat free cool whip, or maybe a popsicle (great for summer). The biggest thing is having a plan when the urge hits--so you don't grab a box of cookies or the entire bag of chips. I just don't keep the bad stuff in the house--that helps most of all. Hang in there! You can do it!
Closed Thread