Posting Photos on Facebook

• Ok, this might not seem like a big deal to some people but I have worked very hard to ensure that no photos of me appeared on the internet. I have always been ashamed of my weight and they way I look in photos. Because I have been loosing weight, my self confidence has been getting better. Also, I am very inspired by many people on this site so today, I said f*** it and changed my profile picture on facebook to an actual photo of me. I also posted a photo of me on my avatar here. So, that's my big brave act for today.
  • Good for you!!! I'd say that's a big NSV!
  • Congrats! You should never be ashamed of your body, and I'm glad you're working towards getting past that.
  • I think it is a very big deal. I am the same way I hate to post photos. Congratulations on posting your photo, it looks great!
  • i always untag myself from photos on facebook...partly because i look horrible and partly because i think it's just invading my privacy to broadcast ME to everyone else

so YAY!! for putting your photo up here...you are SO pretty!! many dancing carrots for you!!
  • Congrats!!! I had a similar NSV and it felt so GOOD to finally embrace myself and put myself out there.
  • I'm the same way I'm so happy for you!
  • YEAH You! The first step is always the hardest...do not let this be the last photo of you! xoxox
  • Facebook was certainly a contributing factor to me wanting to lose weight.
  • Great job! Same here, JohnP. I would eventually like to have pictures of me looking cute and feeling good eventually on my Facebook!
  • Not going to lie facebook pics are a huge motivation for me too. I hope to one day re take a picture of my current avvie with a much slimmer me
  • It's funny...lots of times I comment to folks about how I only want "good" pix of me on FB. So many times I look at FB pages and can't believe that someone would post THAT pic (a non-flattering pic) of themselves--especially as their profile picture. I just think that lots of people may only see the profile pic you choose, so it should be a good one. I think that it's a little vain of me, but it is what it is.

Congrats on the NSV!
  • Facebook was a motivator for me as well...friending all those folks from high school...ugh...I definitely avoiding adding pics and always untagged myself as well. Now I carefully select and post a few photos too.

I'm glad you made the leap and posted one!
  • It's funny, there are people I haven't heard from or seen since high school and most of them don't have their pics up either but it was still hard to do. Face book is the new high school reunion but it's all the time.
    I am glad there are other people who understand about posting pics.