August Weight Loss Challenge!

You're on Page 2 of 9
Go to
  • I'm in!

I will have out-of-country friends coming to visit in August and there will be several social events involving food, so some accountability will be good for me! Currently I am at 293.4. My goal is to weigh 286 (10% off my starting weight) by August 31. That's 7.4 lbs.

Cheers everyone.... we can do it!!
  • Hi! New to this, but I'm jumping in I am setting a goal to be down 8 lbs in August...that will put me at 175...my pre-pregnancy weight. I just bought a Zumba DVD...looking forward to seeing what all the hype is about!
  • Hey I am gonna jump in here. My plan for august is to get to 249.9 (I just hit 259.9 today) If my trend of 10 lbs a month hols up I should get it *crosses her fingers* How is everyone else doing?
  • My goal is to follow the plan every single day in August. It starts tomorrow and I am pumped to go 4 weeks completely following the BFC plan.

Deb
  • I am in! Ok, so July was a slow month for me (-4.6 lbs) and I am going on vacation on the 2nd of September so I am going to aim high. I was 192 today so I am going to set a goal for 182. That is 10 lbs which is going to be a lot of work but with the stakes high, I know I can do it!
  • Also new to this, but I definitely am on board for a challenge! I'm at 275.5 and would like to be at 265 by August 31st. I think it's more than do-able given the amount of weight I have to lose.

It's going to be somewhat tricky because I have jury duty for two more weeks, which has thrown my eating & work-out routine off-course. But hey, this is great real-life practice!!

Good luck everybody!
  • I'm in!

CW: 217.8

My goal is 1-2# weight loss per week, which puts me at a goal weight of
    209-213 by the end of August.

Let's go
  • Thanks for starting this Chick!!

SW for August: 204
    GW for August: 197!
  • Okay, here we go!
    My eating plan is to only eat out 3 times this month, using menu planning to help stay on track. This may not sound like a big deal but we eat out WAY too much. I'm going to watch my portions, make sure I get all my fruits and veggies and get 64ozs of water in. I will be exercising 5 days a week rotating between running/walk intervals, elliptical and strength training.
    For motivation I joined you ( of course), wrote a list of my reasons for losing weight, and have a pic on the fridge. I hope these things help keep me focused.
    My SW: 166
    GW: 159
    goal: lose 7lbs
    I was originally going for 6 lbs but I think getting into the 150's would be super sweet so let's make it 7lbs.
    Good luck chicks!
  • Howdy, girls! I'd love to join you for august.

SW: 179
    GW: 173

That's 1.5lbs/wk - and gets me back to moving my ticker again I'll be officially weighing in on Fridays.
  • Howdy! I'd like to jump in too! I have been totally not paying attention to my body and eating like a piggy most of the summer and of course the scale is showing it. I am going to lose 7 lbs this month. I am going to work out 5 of 7 days each week. I've got some really cute jeans that I need to slim down for before the weather starts turning colder. I enjoy doing my Turbo Jam video, Hip Hop abs, and walking.
  • I'm in!

SW: 132
    GW: 124

8lb goal for this month!
  • Count me in! I'm currently doing the 20 day challenge but that ends on August 13th so I want to jump in here for when that challenge is over.

I was doing really well, and got to 156 last week but I had a horrible weekend and I refuse to step on the scale for a few days because I know I gained some back, I can feel it. I'm going to consider 156 my start weight because I need to re-lose those pounds and will this week.

SW: 156
    GW: 143

I'm also starting the 30 day shred today with a friend but I'm also going to do the Brazil Butt Lift in the month of August. So my exercise goal is to complete both 30 day programs, as scheduled. When I complete both programs without skipping a day or cheating I'm going to feel really accomplished so I just have to keep that in mind!
  • Hi Guys! I'm in as well. I go back to work in 3 weeks ( I'm a teacher) and I really need to get back into the groove. I went to the gym today and did step aerobics and lifted weights. I have some upcoming challenges though (a birthday, my anniversary, and going out of town the weekend with just the hubby- no kids woo hoo). So, I think I will shoot for 6 pounds, but if I lose more that would be most excellent.
    Thanks!
  • Excited to start the new month off right.

SW 184
    GW 175

Seems like a big jump, but I'm dealing with TOM related gloating right now. Ugh.