workout calorie question

• does anyone know how much calories you burn when you do a workout dvd?

for example, how many calories are you supposed to burn in a session of 30 Day Shred? cuz it's quite short, right, but then the exercises are planned in such a way to make you burn more than regular static exercise in the same amount of time... so i'm curious...
  • I know 30 day shred burns about 350 cals. I had a list somewhere before but I don't remember where it is.
  • holy crap! 350 cals?? i should get back on the shred!!!
  • thanks!
  • I think it really depends on a lot of things- your age, height, weight, fitness level, how hard you're working, how much you 'phone it in' etc. It's probably different for every person. I usually wear a HR monitor that gives me a good estimate of calories burned. When I was doing Jillian's Ripped in 30 (similar in length/format to 30 DS) I was burning 250 calories per workout. Still pretty good for 1/2 hr.
  • Yes, you need to wear a heart rate monitor. I have a Polar one.
  • I use an x-box kinect - The biggest loser workout.... and it counts up how many calories you are burning while working out...!
  • Quote: holy crap! 350 cals?? i should get back on the shred!!!
    lol totally what I thought
  • Someone who is my height and weight told me that they burn 150 cals on level 2 of 30 Day Shred, so that's what I've been counting. Not too far off of the amount of calories you'd burnt at a slow jog for 20 mins.

http://www.livestrong.com/article/32...shred-level-2/