IP Daily Chat, Wednesday, 7/20

You're on Page 8 of 10
Go to
  • Quote: I walked in to work this morning with my purse over my shoulder and in my arms I had my lunch bag, my coffee mug, my iPhone, my keys and my IP Shaker full of yummy breakfast shake and I'm walking down to my office and I can feel my pants slipping and slipping and whoosh they fall right to my knees....and there was nothing I could do about it because I was carrying all my stuff....I looked around and no one saw me but if I made a noise dropping my stuff or production about it someone would have surely noticed so I quickly shimmied my way to my office with my pants down around my ankles until I got to my desk where I could drop all my stuff and pull them back up.

And that's how my day is going
    LOL, that is hysterical. You must feel great that your clothes no longer fit. You should probably hit a store though to get a belt ar some new clothes, not to many of course because you'll have to buy more very soon. Just enough to get by for now. Great job w/your weight loss.
  • Bahahahahaha too funny jordanna!
  • trying to figure out how to delete a post
  • Quote: I need some info. I love IP. I have lost quite a bit of weight in 3 weeks and I am really finding it easy to stick with the structure. Unfortunately, I think I may have to go off it though or find some products without soy. My period has gone on for 11 days! I have been frantically searching for other reasons why this may be happening...but I keep getting pointed back to the soy/hormone issue. I read the disclaimer from IP that says when you lose weight your fat cells release estrogens that can affect things, but I have lost weight many times before and this never happened. Does anyone know of a way to continue IP...without soy? I would love to hear anyone's experiences with similar issues. I am sad that I have found something that works and I may need to stop
    My coaches say it is very common your period will be inconsistent or even non existent on this diet they tell us that from the first consultation. It's such a low calorie diet that it can effect it. Not so uncommon and I don't think you have to much to worry about. But check w/your coaches or your doctor they may have an ides for you. Hope it works out for you!
  • I made turnips in the microwave like a baked potatoe from a post on recipes I saw, not bad, had never eaten the root before, only the green.....I could have cooked it a bit more, used some spray 0/0/0 butter and sea salt, it was sweet.........what a shock, I didn't know LOL.....Searched high and low for rhubarb today in all 5 of my grocery stores...NONE UGHHHHHHH, bought some strawberry artifical flavor to have a sweet treat...
    BTW...thanks to my buddy Wuv2B for keeping me out of trouble via text in the grocery stores....
  • Quote: Can someone help me, i think i might have sabotage my program whitout even knowing it. Ive been having radishes in my 4 cups of veggies a day in the past 5 days and now i realize i dont see them in the allowed veggies section. Plz tell me that didnt take me out of ketosis. Have been having between 4-8 a day.

Thank you
    I though radishes were a FREE food and you could snack on them all day long along w/celery and cucumbers. I think you should be ok.
  • Quote: I made turnips in the microwave like a baked potatoe from a post on recipes I saw, not bad, had never eaten the root before, only the green.....I could have cooked it a bit more, used some spray 0/0/0 butter and sea salt, it was sweet.........what a shock, I didn't know LOL.....Searched high and low for rhubarb today in all 5 of my grocery stores...NONE UGHHHHHHH, bought some strawberry artifical flavor to have a sweet treat...
    BTW...thanks to my buddy Wuv2B for keeping me out of trouble via text in the grocery stores....
    LOL...you are welcome!!!

I had my week #11 weigh in today and lost 2.2lbs which makes 52lbs total. So I was pretty excited about that only 1/2 in though. I told her she could of kept it til next week I wouldn't of mind....lol

I went to see my Dr today for my thyroid medicine refill and I hadn't been there since I started this program. I walked in and the girl behind the counter looked at me then looked at me again and said OMG look at you!....I had to take a double take to make sure it was you....lol. The nurse who usually weighs me is usually rude. The scale that is there is the old time dr scales so of course it wouldn't weigh me when I was 388lbs so today she asked me how much I weighed and I proudly said 337lbs and said I bet that scale will weigh me now so she said lets see....and BINGO!!! it did!! After my appointment everyone wanted to know how I have lost and how long it has taken me. When I told them the total and the amount of time they were amazed and all want to be on it now....lol. I told all of them about this site and how wonderful it is. So maybe I have passed on the IP want too to a few other people!
  • Quote: I need some info. I love IP. I have lost quite a bit of weight in 3 weeks and I am really finding it easy to stick with the structure. Unfortunately, I think I may have to go off it though or find some products without soy. My period has gone on for 11 days! I have been frantically searching for other reasons why this may be happening...but I keep getting pointed back to the soy/hormone issue. I read the disclaimer from IP that says when you lose weight your fat cells release estrogens that can affect things, but I have lost weight many times before and this never happened. Does anyone know of a way to continue IP...without soy? I would love to hear anyone's experiences with similar issues. I am sad that I have found something that works and I may need to stop
    This is exactly what happened to me and I was in TOM mode for 30 days! I eventually just used the milk choc pudding as it is the only packet that did not have Soy Protein. When I was in phase 1, I also would have the Salt and vinegar ridges, again no soy. Other than those 2 packets, not sure if there are any others that don't contain soy...
  • Quote: Just wondering if its normal to experience days of fluctuating extreme hunger and no hunger? I have noticed the past few days that I havent felt hungry at all but today I am hungry 1 hour after eating and drinking a glass of water doesnt help...has anyone else had this problem?

Also wondering when the bathroom runs will end? I have never been a big water drinker and am now consuming between 48 and 64 oz a day and running to the bathroom every hour. I wake up in the middle of the night too 1-3 times to use the bathroom also...any ideas on how long it takes your body to get used to having the extra fluids?

Thanks all for the info and support!
    I drink 120-140 ounces of water a day and I haven't ever had to get up in the middle of the night. Guess I'm lucky. I agree though, you need more water.
  • Quote: I drink 120-140 ounces of water a day and I haven't ever had to get up in the middle of the night. Guess I'm lucky. I agree though, you need more water.
    Thanks ladies for all of the responses....Filler' up... (my poor bladder is going to be swimming)
  • Quote: I made turnips in the microwave like a baked potatoe from a post on recipes I saw, not bad, had never eaten the root before, only the green.....I could have cooked it a bit more, used some spray 0/0/0 butter and sea salt, it was sweet.........what a shock, I didn't know LOL.....Searched high and low for rhubarb today in all 5 of my grocery stores...NONE UGHHHHHHH, bought some strawberry artifical flavor to have a sweet treat...
    Josey did you try the frozen fruit section? Even though its technically a vegetable our stores carry it frozen all year round in the frozen isle with the fruit...good luck with your search for some. It has truly been a savior for me

How did you like the turnips? Were they good or just tollerable?
  • help, please.....I am just finishing day 3 on IP. My first two days were kind of "easy"> Today I am struggling. I am tired and really, really hungry. I ate all 5 IP today and I am still hungry.

Did anyone else have an easy first few days and then hit wall on the third day? I have a workshop that I have to fun tomorrow at work and need my energy. I can't feel like this in front of 40 people.

Any ideas or thoughts?
  • Quote: Just wondering if its normal to experience days of fluctuating extreme hunger and no hunger? I have noticed the past few days that I havent felt hungry at all but today I am hungry 1 hour after eating and drinking a glass of water doesnt help...has anyone else had this problem?

Also wondering when the bathroom runs will end? I have never been a big water drinker and am now consuming between 48 and 64 oz a day and running to the bathroom every hour. I wake up in the middle of the night too 1-3 times to use the bathroom also...any ideas on how long it takes your body to get used to having the extra fluids?

Thanks all for the info and support!
    Yup, I am starting week 8 and some days I have to remind myself to eat and some days I have my hand in the pickle jar all day (they are free!). I don't know what this means, but I am steadily losing weight, so I don't question it.

I don't think the bathroom runs ever end. I have been drinking upwards of 100 oz of water daily for years and I still go to the bathroom just about every hour and I usually get up at least 1x per night to pee. Probably not what you wanted to hear
  • Miracle Noodles, check em out!
    Just made some miracle noodles w/fresh broccoli and soy sauce, mustard, sugar free ketchup, fresh parsly, ginger and garlic had to say w/the right preparation they are pretty good.

I ordered from miraclenoodle.com they are 0carbs, 0calories, 0fat, 0everything. They are made w/water and fiber. They take on the taste of whatever you season them with.
  • Question...
    I have a question. I was in a rush leaving for work this evening and didn't have time to cook anything. I haven't had my "real" protein yet for the day, but I DO have an extra RTD with me. I am wondering if I should drink the RTD and just skip my meat for this one day, or if that is going to be a problem. I could theoretically go out and find a restaurant that would make me a chicken breast and salad, it wouldn't be terribly difficult, but I am not that hungry and if no one thinks it will be an issue skipping it just today, I would be just as happy just drinking my dinner and eating my veggies when I get home.
    Let me know what you think please! Thank you!