Not eating enough?

• Sometimes I have a hard time eating a lot and I'm not always getting everything in. This week has been worse than most. I am only down .2 and I'm not sure if it's tom or I'm just not eating enough. Have you noticed stalls on weeks you don't get everything you are supposed to in? Tom is driving me nuts. It comes and goes and I was up then finally down and I'm at the lowest I've seen in a long time but like I said, it's only .2 from Thursday. I know I shouldn't weigh everyday and Thursday's weight is all that matters but I wonder if I'm sabotaging myself by NOT eating enough. Let me know your experience. Thanks!
  • Your body is probably just going through an adjustment phase. Do you best to eat, otherwise your body will go into "starvation mode" and "not let go". I posted the following yesterday in response to a question regarding eating all your vegetables each day. Hope it helps.....and good luck!

There is science behind everything that Ideal Protein sets forth in the diet protocol. For example, using a furnace as an analogy, you must have wood and air for a fire to continue to burn. Consider IP protein packets as the wood and your serving of veggies as the air.....you must put the two together at lunch and dinner to get the fire (your metabolism) to continue to burn. Some of you are missing the veggie component....it is best to follow your blue/gray sheet exactly as prescribed. No other diet is this extensive in scientific design...that is why it is called "Your last Diet"!
  • Thanks! That really puts things in perspective. And I shouldn't say I'm only down .2 for the week because I don't weigh in until Thursday I just don't think I'll have a good loss unless I can lose 4 more pounds in the next 4 days.
  • Our bodies are complex little buggers, aren't they? Who knows why it does certain things! My WI is on Friday AM.....thinking I would have my best numbers after maintaining a very structured work week. And yes, I weigh daily....its my way of keeping myself on task. I've seen the scale go up and I don't get upset......its just the way it is. Funny thing is my numbers drop over the course of the weekend and then very slowly drop another half pound (1 whole pound if I'm lucky) over the course of the week. Weird, but I'll take it. I am currently averaging 4.5#/week and Friday was the beginning of my 6th week. Happy girl!
  • I hope I can say the same on week 6!
  • I was wondering the same thing as the OP cause...its my 7th day and i weigh every day and every day i lost something except today...So its day 7 weigh in and i have lost NOTHING.. im stuck at the same number as yesterday..please tell me this isnt going to happen often is it?? Cause i have lots to lose
  • Quote: I was wondering the same thing as the OP cause...its my 7th day and i weigh every day and every day i lost something except today...So its day 7 weigh in and i have lost NOTHING.. im stuck at the same number as yesterday..please tell me this isnt going to happen often is it?? Cause i have lots to lose
    If you've lost 10# in 6 days, you are way above average. You just began the program...let it work for you. You will not lose everyday. You could possibly gain a pound or two and then quickly lose it. Don't freak...look at the weekly weight losses of some of these veteran IPers. They are staying the course. We are all individuals and our bodies respond differently. If you have a lot to lose, just means you will need to be OP for a bit longer than those who don't have as much. Be happy with your success, pay attention to your body, enjoy your food, move your body and visualize that healthy person you are rapidly becoming.

Stay strong and keep your eye on that prize!
  • Quote: Your body is probably just going through an adjustment phase. Do you best to eat, otherwise your body will go into "starvation mode" and "not let go". I posted the following yesterday in response to a question regarding eating all your vegetables each day. Hope it helps.....and good luck!

There is science behind everything that Ideal Protein sets forth in the diet protocol. For example, using a furnace as an analogy, you must have wood and air for a fire to continue to burn. Consider IP protein packets as the wood and your serving of veggies as the air.....you must put the two together at lunch and dinner to get the fire (your metabolism) to continue to burn. Some of you are missing the veggie component....it is best to follow your blue/gray sheet exactly as prescribed. No other diet is this extensive in scientific design...that is why it is called "Your last Diet"!
    Awesome Advice!!