High protein recipes/foods please! :D

• Alright seeing as building lots of lean muscle is one of my goals for this month I've upped my protein intake to an absolute MINIMUM of 80g a day. But I'm starting to get a bit sick of canned tuna, egg whites and beans :/ So does anyone have any high protein (without added protein powder as I can no longer afford it) low fat recipes they'd like to share? Can be snacks, main meals, desserts, cakes (mmm) anything really Or just individual foods that are protein packed? Cheers
  • I eat a lot of boneless skinless chicken breast. You can grill it or bake it but my favorite way to fix it is to put it in the Crock pot, cover with water and cook on high 3-4 hours. Then I take it out and shred it. You can shred it with 2 forks or put it into a Ziploc bag and put some oven mitts on it to squish it til it is shredded. Then you can eat it plain or add seasoning or a little sauce like Thai sauce. Or you can use to make white chicken chili with great Northern beans and salsa verde. Or add Greek Yogurt and apples and celery to make a Waldorf salad. Hope that helps.
  • Being a vegetarian I get most of my protein from soy and whey, and a little from dairy. Do you like tofu? Yum . Quinoa, lentils and pumpkin seeds are delish too.

Protein shakes too. Orgain is my favorite. Organic, natural, healthy fats, lots of nutrients and 16g of protein in each drink.
  • Try making your own hummus! It takes a bit of prep time to soak the beans, but after that you can add whatever you want to it...think of some crazy veggie combinations!
  • tempeh apparently has a lot of protein in it (more than the equivalent amount of tofu) and I love the heck out of it.