Feeling Sluggish and Fatigued

• Anyone else have this issue on the first week? I am so tired...which is not surprising considering I am iron deficient but slightly annoying considering I am not coming off a high carb/sugar diet at all. I have also felt a little bit jittery and as though my brain is slow. For an example I was driving yesterday with my husband to attend a family function and I was tweaking out and felt like I really should not be behind the wheel at all (so I pulled over of course).

Suggestions to combat this and to get some more energy?
  • Quote: Anyone else have this issue on the first week? I am so tired...which is not surprising considering I am iron deficient but slightly annoying considering I am not coming off a high carb/sugar diet at all. I have also felt a little bit jittery and as though my brain is slow. For an example I was driving yesterday with my husband to attend a family function and I was tweaking out and felt like I really should not be behind the wheel at all (so I pulled over of course).

Unfortunately this is all part of the detox process -- sorry....but it does get better I promise!!!! It took me 10 days to shake that groogy, uggg, "tweaking" feeling - once I did I feel like I have the energy of a 25 year old..I am up early, alert, focused etc. I do get exhausted at night but I think that is simply from a lack of calories. My suggestion is to head to bed as early as possible and know that this will pass. Good luck to you
  • Quote: Anyone else have this issue on the first week? I am so tired...which is not surprising considering I am iron deficient but slightly annoying considering I am not coming off a high carb/sugar diet at all. I have also felt a little bit jittery and as though my brain is slow. For an example I was driving yesterday with my husband to attend a family function and I was tweaking out and felt like I really should not be behind the wheel at all (so I pulled over of course).

Make sure you are getting your 1/2 tsp of sea salt each day! Also think about calling your coach - if you're losing fast already they may have you take an extra potassium pill for a few days and that will also help!

Yep, I agree it has something to do with detoxing. When I started on 12/29/10, I was on Christmas break. I was so sluggish, but after 5 days when I went back to work, I was zinging off the walls! I did take an extra potassium, because mentally I was a little flighty. I'm having my thyroid checked now. I'll come home at night, and be sitting up right and be fine. But when I lay down on the couch, I'm out like a light at like 8:30 or 9pm.
  • Im on the end of day 2 and i wouldnt say im sluggish..but defintly had the brain fog here and there..i found lots of water and a few dill pickles(sodium) Helped me out a bit..oh and a good multivitamin..