Binge Free Challenge: 6.13.11 - 6.19.11

You're on Page 8 of 8
Go to
  • 47...... feeling sooo fat today, despite still losing a pretty good number of pounds this week. I think it's because it's that time of the month. Blaaah.
    I keep getting the binge voice in my head--especially when I sit and think about how bloated I feel. But, I'm taming it pretty well so far! Go away, annoying bingy-man voice!!
  • Day 10.

I need to make it through today without binging...I was contemplating getting some kashi cereal...a trigger. I even have a coupon for it, and it would be only $1 if I get some....oh my. I think I just want carbs in my system now. I've been so good these past 3 days. I even lost weight. As I write this, I'm typing in a frezny and just blurting thoughts that come out of my head.

Goodness...maybe time for the gym and yoga, some windo shopping, the beach....dunno.

First lunch...some steamed salmon and tomato soup.
  • Day 21 - haven't been making the greatest choices, but I'm not binging and I know any damages done over this little vacay will be wiped away by many OP weeks on the horizon.

I ran 11 miles this morning and will hit a yoga studio tomorrow - exercising on vacation is kinda of new to me so that's awesome.

We are having such a great time and I refuse to lessen it by feeling ANY guilt for any of my food choices - I refuse to let food have such power over me anymore.
  • I uh just tried upping my cals one day, because I am at a plateau. I was SO frightened, that it would lead to all out binging. I am stuffed to the brim right now, and not all of it with super healthy food (fam came to visit...I am SOO thankful that I do not live with them) Tomorrow, I will go back to my regular diet and up my walking more, and I am so much more excited to do it. Its funny, this was close to my old calorie intake when I would fancy trying to lose weight, but wasn't losing any (not taking it seriously and not really counting well AT ALL and uh Nutella and bread made up most of it) and this would be so low to me in comparisont ot he 5000 cals I ate, and now that I ate my "old diet" cals, I feel stuffed!
    Anyways, also read a comment on another site where someone did this for 1 week and binged and was shocked to not see a woosh in weight...uh buddy, that is 1 week, IDK about him but I can do some srs damage in a week LOL-professional binger here!
  • Beila- Thanks, I never thought of buying a tester for blood sugar at the drug store. That's a great idea! When I have extra money, I'll get one.

Day 5- Did good, but was a little nervous to go food shopping with my junk fiend husband. Tried to talk him out of going with me, it didn't work. I told him that whatever he buys will be limited and he has to eat it by the end of today so there is nothing left here. He still has chocolate bars left, he locked them in the safe for me. But somehow I feel uneasy just having them in the house. I don't feel completely safe from them, makes me nervous & unsettled, like i can't relax my mind til he eats them all!
  • man, i was almost binging again! i stopped it in it's tracks. i got that kashi cereal only cause i couldn't pass up the good coupon deal, and really felt like I needed some carbs, and nothing was at home to satisfy that need. I had like 2-3 cups of dry kashi cereal, then 2 zone perfect bars, and this was all 760 cals...my goodness, and to think when I wasn't counting the calories, I would have even more than this...good thing I'm counting now so I stop it in its tracks.

Well that "snack" put me above my cals for the day, like over 400 cals, but I'm not gonna restart my binge free count, or make a big deal. I worked out a little, so burned off 244 cals.

Cals, cals, cals, cals... who cares?

Anyways, dodged another binge...I'll be back on track tomorrow.
  • Quote: I uh just tried upping my cals one day, because I am at a plateau. I was SO frightened, that it would lead to all out binging. I am stuffed to the brim right now, and not all of it with super healthy food (fam came to visit...I am SOO thankful that I do not live with them) Tomorrow, I will go back to my regular diet and up my walking more, and I am so much more excited to do it. Its funny, this was close to my old calorie intake when I would fancy trying to lose weight, but wasn't losing any (not taking it seriously and not really counting well AT ALL and uh Nutella and bread made up most of it) and this would be so low to me in comparisont ot he 5000 cals I ate, and now that I ate my "old diet" cals, I feel stuffed!
    Anyways, also read a comment on another site where someone did this for 1 week and binged and was shocked to not see a woosh in weight...uh buddy, that is 1 week, IDK about him but I can do some srs damage in a week LOL-professional binger here!

Your avatar is HILARIOUS! Nutella is sooo good. I binged on it once! It only lasted 2-3 days with the bread. Never buying it again until I trust myself.
    Can you tell me where you found this site? I'm interested in the this man is dealing with, and I'm not clear about what you're saying.
  • Beila: Good job stopping before things got out of control! That's excellent.

I ate a little more than I expected at the family dinner, but still not too much. So it looks like day 3 went well.
  • Beila- I used to buy Kashi cereal too & eat it dry as a snack everyday. It never made me gain weight, even after having 2-3 servings. I stopped buying it cause it becomes addictive and I would eat way too much of it, I would go over my calorie limit everyday. Gosh, I love that stuff! Good job on stopping a possible binge!
  • Thanks Scoot and Fruitlady for the encouragement.

I'm dealing with budget crisis here. Living month to month on things...so when I see a deal like $1 for kashi cereal with my coupon, I couldn't pass it up. I left the cereal and my car knowing that I'd be too lazy to go down and get it to eat more tonight. I'm not sure what to do with the rest of the box, but seriously considering just keeping it in the car for those occassions when I really really need food, and don't want to spoil dinner by eat crap at a fast food place. Cereal lasts long, and I'll just leave it in the car for snacking while driving to my next location.

Ughhh...I need to stop obsessing over stupid things like this....but when I'm making progress for once, I feel like analyzing every little thing that may halt the progress...Thanks all for bearing with me...and reading and responding to my endless chatter about cereal...lol

Scoot! --That's awesome that you made it! So glad that you didn't go overboard at the family dinner. It's okay going over just a little, this was a family holiday, meant to be enjoyed by all the love and food.
  • Day 21 was hard but I made it....
    Did I binge? No
    Did I overeat? Yes

I did eat more than I normally would but I was in control....this is good....hoping to learn n be happy knowing that overeating is not a license to overeat

I am happy n sleepy
  • Quote: Your avatar is HILARIOUS! Nutella is sooo good. I binged on it once! It only lasted 2-3 days with the bread. Never buying it again until I trust myself.
    Can you tell me where you found this site? I'm interested in the this man is dealing with, and I'm not clear about what you're saying.
    Hey there, it was from this site
    http://www.leangains.com/2010/01/how...n-part_28.html
    It was in the comments section - I get a lot of anxiety after I see my family, so I was probably so frazzled that I was not making myself clear. I decided to try and calorie cycle, to see if that would help with my water retention. I increased like 4 lbs in a few days and there was just no way possible, so I decided to up my cals (not the point where I consumed 3,500 excess cals, but still, a higher amount than what I am eating daily), because I read that that helped.
    Anyways, this guy in the comments section said that he did this...for 1 week...and was shocked that he didn't see his weight go down, and said that he also didn't count his cals (did the Paleo diet)
    I lol'd...1 week of upping my cals and I know that I could do some srs damage, not only would my weight not go DOWN, itd fly right up!
    I couldn't help but think "lolz amateur"