Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 06-12-2011, 11:16 PM   #1  
Super Single Mom

S/C/G: HW/SW 275/ CW 266.2 /GW 160

Height: 5'7"

Default Binge Free Challenge: 6.13.11 - 6.19.11

Welcome to the binge-free challenge!!

This is a place where you can come in and talk about binging. Feel free to post about your successes and your struggles and keep track of how many days you've been binge free. You can also vent about anything and everything you feel like getting out. We are here to share our feelings and to encourage and inspire each other.

No negativity! We are strong chicks and I KNOW we all can do this!! And we don't have to do it alone, we have each other to get us through the rough times.

ALL chicks are welcome -- no one is excluded! If you are trying to lose weight, not trying, maintaining, recovering from an eating disorder, in the midst of one, or have ANY kind of problem with food, we would love to have you join us!! Please do not hesitate to post your feelings. Jump right in head first!!! We WILL catch you!
Vixsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 11:50 PM   #2  
Chronic Pain Fighter

S/C/G: 165/?/128-132

Height: 5' 10''

Thanks for starting this thread vixsen
desiresdestiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 12:10 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 204/see ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

This sounds great. I have binged horribly the past week while being extremely stressed over taking the PLT exam. I also ate a huge meal from Chili's today along with a few other bad items...3 fried cheese sticks, a full rack of BBQ ribs, a side of fries, a side of cinnamon apples, 3 glasses of sweet tea, a peanut butter cookie with chocolate icing, a yo-plait light blueberry pie yogurt, and a hot fudge sundae with a lot of whip cream. Tomorrow is a new day and the start of a binge-free week
Live Laugh Love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 12:29 AM   #4  
~Krystal~

S/C/G: ~175/Too Much/~~ABS

Height: 5'3.5"

OK ladies, I need a clarification definition please.
In your own words, please give a definition of the following, in terms of food and diet:

Cheating:
Binging:

Is there a difference on the 3FC forums for these 2 things? In your own personal life?
I think “yes”. I am trying to distinguish when I am “cheating” on my plan versus when I am “binging” on my plan.

Thanks all
K9Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 12:59 AM   #5  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

"Binge" gets thrown around haphazardly here. A lot of people will say "omg I had a burger I binged" but in my opinion a binge warrants some kind of "out of control" feeling and eating a LOT of something.

1.) Someone on Atkins eats a burger on a bun at a picnic and some potatoes. They stop, feel guilty, and go back to plan. --> cheat

2.) After a bad day, someone who counts calories eats an entire bag of chocolates, and then goes to the store to buy a jar of peanut butter and eats the whole thing. The next day they struggle with cravings despite still feeling sick. --> binge
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 01:59 AM   #6  

I nearly binged. I did go over my cal limit, making a stirfry to quell the cravings, but its better than if I binged. Its this strange mindset that I get into, where I feel a weird glee about it, like I'm breaking a rule (I love being a glutton ugh) and also I feel kinda robotic.
So strange because I feel like I've been falling off the bandwagon, I've had temptations, stronger temptations before but I never let them get to me. Well, whatever, I am just going to be more firm with myself. I think that its because my scale has not been moving, what a bummer. However, I haven't pooed in 2 days, even after the bran on Saturday, altho I've been drinking SOO much water. Oh well, it will pass.
pixelllate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 02:34 AM   #7  
Chronic Pain Fighter

Cheat: Eating a food that I might usually avoid because of my lifestyle change or eating a certain food that I usually limit because it is high in fat/calories...

Binge-uncontrolled eating usually triggers by intense feelings of guilt, stress, past issues.....I usually consume large quantities of food in a short period of time, done in secret, kinda the eat mindlessly actually more like the gorge on food without appreciating or tasting....

day 14 coming to an end.....I am off to bed, today has been an emotional day and I am done with it....
Hoping to day 15 tmr...goodnight everyone.....
Old 06-13-2011, 03:38 AM   #8  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixelllate View Post
I feel a weird glee about it, like I'm breaking a rule (I love being a glutton ugh) and also I feel kinda robotic.
This is exactly how I feel preceding and during a binge. It almost feels freeing to throw caution to the wind and stuff junk food in my face but in fact it strengthens the shackles tying my self-worth to food and weight issues.
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 10:13 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 252-255?/ticker/145

Height: 5'6''

396!
paris81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 11:35 AM   #10  
Super Single Mom

Today is Day 247 for me.

I've noticed that my snacking has picked up a bit over the last week. It's not enough for me to be really worried but it's become enough for me to notice and have to post about it.

It's the snacking in the evenings. I have an unusually stressful month last month and as I am trying to come back down to my normal levels, I've noticed JUST how much snacking I've been doing in the evenings. I broke the chain last night and didn't snack on anything at all but WOW could I feel the pull toward the cabinets!

Just wanting to put it out there for the world to see and to be accountable for it. Thanks guys!
Old 06-13-2011, 11:41 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 220/149.5/140

Height: 5'6''

Hi, everyone! I have had issues with binge-eating, and thought that it was OVER...

I binged on Saturday night (entire pizza plus two bowls of cereal all while not hungry at all).

I don't know why, especially since I thought that I had conquered this, since I hadn't binged in months.

So, I'm here to own up to it, and to start a new binge-free cycle.
NewGirl24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 12:10 PM   #12  
Super Single Mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by desiresdestiny View Post
Cheat: Eating a food that I might usually avoid because of my lifestyle change or eating a certain food that I usually limit because it is high in fat/calories...

Binge-uncontrolled eating usually triggers by intense feelings of guilt, stress, past issues.....I usually consume large quantities of food in a short period of time, done in secret, kinda the eat mindlessly actually more like the gorge on food without appreciating or tasting....
Those match my definitions almost to the letter!
Old 06-13-2011, 12:56 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 164/--/--

Today is day 4. Trying a new approach which is to NOT diet. Eating 3 meals a day --no more than that because otherwise i'm always thinking about food. I'll eat as much i need in order to be full...PHYSICALLY not mentally. Food is to fill a physical need not a mental. I think i binge because of the way food makes my brain feel. Well i have FINALLY realized it's not supposed to make my brain feel anything at all. It's supposed to just satisfy my stomach. If my stomach feels hungry i can eat more.

It's kind of liberating to not be on a diet...so much that it really has taken away any urge to binge (so far). I don't have this stress that i'm going over my calories...i know i can eat what i need, and then stop there.
surfergirl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 01:06 PM   #14  
Chronic Pain Fighter

Day 15
Old 06-13-2011, 01:36 PM   #15  
Working hard

S/C/G: 280/272/250

Height: 5'5"

Working on day 14 and it feels great!