water intake??

• I was a diet soda junkie and could drink up to 2 liters a day, but I have cut down to just one or two glasses a day. I have replaced with water, but I getting burned out on drinking straight water and I really don't like the stir in flavoring. Can decaffeinated iced tea replace some the water needed during the day?
  • According to the Nutrition Diva (my go to source for lots of things), yes
  • Yes, or you could try making some herb tea to flavor it. I use a bag of lemon zinger and a ginger tea bag, make a cup of tea, and then divide it into two 32 oz. glass jars and fill with filtered water. It's very refreshing and more interesting than plain water.
  • Hi Eureka! I used to be a Coke drinker, 2 to 4 cans a day. It was the first bad habit I managed to break, and the hardest. I sympathize.

I drink decaf iced tea as well, and find it much nicer than water.
  • I drink decaf tea (hot and cold) and crystal lite.
  • For phase 1, try adding sliced cucumber, lemon, lime, sprigs of mint to iced water. Phase 2 you can get real creative and add cut up strawberries, crushed blueberries, squeezes of orange, etc. I do what WaistingTime does - hot and cold decaf tea (of all flavors), and crystal light. I count all of it as water.
  • Everyone, thanks for the input.

I am not really an adventurous person but I am willing to give some of your ideas a chance. I will let you know how it turns out.