I conquered today!!!!!!!

• Just wanted to share with everyone! Today is the 12th day of my diet. I am doing the South Beach Diet with my husband.

We have been strict and on plan the whole time with the exception of both Sundays which we only allowed ourselves a small cheat at dinner. We have also been doing the treadmill everyday for 30 min.

Its getting easier and easier each day but for some reason today was really really hard for me and all I wanted to do tonight was give in for the night and dragging myself onto the treadmill sounded like pure torture.

Well I dragged myself onto it and even kept up the higher intensity routine I have been doing for the last few days. Ok so for anyone on this thread you will understand that by high intensity I mean high for 305lbs but I pushed myself so I was really proud. Hope this helps someone else get past those desires to give up for another day.
  • Yay! Good for you!
    I keep a list of things I want to accomplish everyday. I also helps me keep track of my health, because I am recovering from chronic fatigue.
  • GREAT JOB! Thanks for sharing!!
  • Keep up the good work!
  • Great motivation! Good job and keep it up!
  • How do you like the south beach diet? i tried the atkins but after about a week i fell off the wagon. this is one i haven't tried. right now loosely doing weight watchers. i know what you mean about about not wanting to work out, it's not easy but a necessary evil. lol.
  • Great work! So worth it!
  • For me I have to say that "The South Beach Diet" is easy as cake! No pun intended.
    I eat all day long and things that I like. It takes a lot of planning but after week one it really seems pretty simple.
    The first two weeks are a cleanse of sugars and bad carbs such as white breads and pastas but after phase one which is two weeks the cravings for them seem to pretty much disapear. Of course I still want a pizza once and a while but I am not dying for it.

Sample Menu plan Today:

Breakfast:
    5.5oz V8 Low sodium
    Mixture of egg and egg whites with cheese

Mid Morning snack
    Romaine Lettuce leaf wrapped around two slices turkey and slice cheese rolled up like a wrap.

Lunch
    Salad with Turkey hamburger, salsa, some black beans and one tablespoon oil and vinegar dressing

Afternoon Snack
    Shrimp Cocktail w/ mock cocktail sauce which is just red peppers pureed with lemon juice and hot sauce

Dinner
    Grilled Chicken Breast
    Brocolli
    Sliced Tomatoes
  • That's great and very inspiring! Awesome!!!
  • Good for you! You can do this, one day at a time.
  • Great Job!
  • Thank you everyone for the support.... I'm still on plan today and even though we are traveling tomorrow I still have a plan to stay on track tomorrow!!!!! Even though it means getting up at the but crack of dawn which is not my strong suit...