Weight Loss

• Does anyone else feel there's so much information out there on weight loss that your drowning in it?? Today I'm feeling that way. Everytime I click something to read on calorie countiing or exercising I see another article that I just have to read. Once I've read it I feel like I'm scooting away confused because one thing place says this the next place says that. ARGH!!!! It cant be frustrating sometime.
  • YES!

I was just telling my husband that it's so frustrating and I need a diet I can believe in. In the past, I would pick a diet and stick to it because I believed in it. Now, I'm pretty convinced that they all work if you stick to them (or that has been my own experience. I have never honestly stuck to ANY diet and NOT lost weight. It only "stops working" when *I* start going back to my old habits - the same habits that made me fat in the first place). I no longer buy that ANY way is THE only way so it's hard for me to stay committed to an arbitrary set of rules.

I am at the "pick something and stick to it" point. I don't think I need to be perfect. TRULY, if I eat less and exercise I will lose weight. Right now, I'm counting calories and staying away from obvious calorie bombs like fast food and things that I find hard to eat in reasonable amounts (pasta, I'm looking at you). I have to do SOMETHING. No one can eat like I've been eating and be anything but fat.
  • There's ton of info here and out there. I can spend hours reading all kinds of stuff. But then again I like to do research. I guess I am always looking for another piece of the puzzle that is weight loss and me.

And a little bit of me hopes I will find a golden nugget that makes it easier, faster, permanent, etc.
  • I read so much about being healthy, weight loss and exercise that I start to bore myself when I'm talking about it. (My poor husband and friends...)

I read so much because I love all sides of a story. That's what these journeys and health articles are, after all. Different sides of a story. And they all work! It's fascinating to me.

Once I realized that there was no one right way to do things, it became much more fun to read through the material. I love to filter and to fit what works for me. A couple extra ideas are always floating around inside of my head whether or not they'd work in my life.
  • See that's why I think I continue to read - I'm looking for something that will not be a magic bullet and take it all away, but something that will be like POW - here's the boost you need. It's a learning process I assume. Sometimes I just feel bombarded by "Eat this and not that". LOL. Thanks ladies for understanding what I was saying. It can be a frustrating journey at times.
  • Yes. That's why when I started, I went with the simplest method: "eat less, move more." I couldn't be bothered with interval sprinting on a 16.04723528 percent incline, following preset weightlifting programs, tracking micronutrients, low carb, low fat, prepackaged meal deliveries. I knew it would be easy to get caught up in reading about it for days, even weeks, all the while not actually doing anything to get started.