General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 05-16-2011, 06:07 PM   #1  
I'm FOCUSED man!!!

S/C/G: 273-267-150

Height: 5'6

Default Weight Loss

Does anyone else feel there's so much information out there on weight loss that your drowning in it?? Today I'm feeling that way. Everytime I click something to read on calorie countiing or exercising I see another article that I just have to read. Once I've read it I feel like I'm scooting away confused because one thing place says this the next place says that. ARGH!!!! It cant be frustrating sometime.
D Red757 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 06:16 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 290/290/147

Height: 5'7"

YES!

I was just telling my husband that it's so frustrating and I need a diet I can believe in. In the past, I would pick a diet and stick to it because I believed in it. Now, I'm pretty convinced that they all work if you stick to them (or that has been my own experience. I have never honestly stuck to ANY diet and NOT lost weight. It only "stops working" when *I* start going back to my old habits - the same habits that made me fat in the first place). I no longer buy that ANY way is THE only way so it's hard for me to stay committed to an arbitrary set of rules.

I am at the "pick something and stick to it" point. I don't think I need to be perfect. TRULY, if I eat less and exercise I will lose weight. Right now, I'm counting calories and staying away from obvious calorie bombs like fast food and things that I find hard to eat in reasonable amounts (pasta, I'm looking at you). I have to do SOMETHING. No one can eat like I've been eating and be anything but fat.
NiteNicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 06:51 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 298/238...285.5/217/150

Height: 5'5"

There's ton of info here and out there. I can spend hours reading all kinds of stuff. But then again I like to do research. I guess I am always looking for another piece of the puzzle that is weight loss and me.

And a little bit of me hopes I will find a golden nugget that makes it easier, faster, permanent, etc.
DixC Chix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 07:20 PM   #4  
Made of Starstuff

I read so much about being healthy, weight loss and exercise that I start to bore myself when I'm talking about it. (My poor husband and friends...)

I read so much because I love all sides of a story. That's what these journeys and health articles are, after all. Different sides of a story. And they all work! It's fascinating to me.

Once I realized that there was no one right way to do things, it became much more fun to read through the material. I love to filter and to fit what works for me. A couple extra ideas are always floating around inside of my head whether or not they'd work in my life.
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 07:21 PM   #5  
I'm FOCUSED man!!!

S/C/G: 273-267-150

Height: 5'6

See that's why I think I continue to read - I'm looking for something that will not be a magic bullet and take it all away, but something that will be like POW - here's the boost you need. It's a learning process I assume. Sometimes I just feel bombarded by "Eat this and not that". LOL. Thanks ladies for understanding what I was saying. It can be a frustrating journey at times.
D Red757 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 08:44 PM   #6  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

Yes. That's why when I started, I went with the simplest method: "eat less, move more." I couldn't be bothered with interval sprinting on a 16.04723528 percent incline, following preset weightlifting programs, tracking micronutrients, low carb, low fat, prepackaged meal deliveries. I knew it would be easy to get caught up in reading about it for days, even weeks, all the while not actually doing anything to get started.
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote